Pattaya (chonburi) Immigration No Longer Requiring Address Reports

A poster on anther thread reported this. I recently went in for a report and handed in my form without any proof of address and no comment was made. Based on these two reports, I think it is reasonable to assume you no longer need to provide proof of address for these reports. On the other hand, if you hand it to them, they will likely take it.

If you have been giving them proof, I suggest for the time being bringing it along and not giving it to them. Over time if a number of people do this and nobody reports they are demanding it, then there will be no doubt left at all that it is no longer needed.

(Until such time the enforcement policy changes yet again, ha ha.)

Edited by Jingthing

A poster on anther thread reported this. I recently went in for a report and handed in my form without any proof of address and no comment was made. Based on these two reports, I think it is reasonable to assume you no longer need to provide proof of address for these reports. On the other hand, if you hand it to them, they will likely take it.

If you have been giving them proof, I suggest for the time being bringing it along and not giving it to them. Over time if a number of people do this and nobody reports they are demanding it, then there will be no doubt left at all that it is no longer needed.

(Until such time the enforcement policy changes yet again, ha ha.)

I hate to assume anything in Thailand. I test the need for proof of address everytime I do a 90-day report. I always take it with me, but I don't give it to them unless they ask for it. So far, it's about 1/2 the time they ask for it. I went 2 times in a row without being asked, then the next time they wanted it.

However, saying that, I think we all expected that this (like many new Thai rules and regulations) would only have a honeymoon period then fade away (until something happens to make them enforce it again).

The best thing that could happen to 90-day reporting is that it's dropped, and a logical requirement to report only when there are changes in your contact info put in its place.

Think the title should be changed a bit as a fast read would lead person to believe reports are no longer required. Change from "address reports" to "address proof" I believe might save a few people needless fines.

You are correct. My error. I will report to mod and request a change.

It is even worse they way forum truncates - comes out as below on my speed challenged circuit:

Goto first unread Pattaya (chonburi) Immigration No Longer Requiring Address Reports

Have to admit it sure did get my attention. :)

Now the smileys are not even smiling.

Edited by lopburi3

Not sure what you mean by proof of sddress? All I have ever done is write it on my 90 day report That is the only proof I have ever been ask for. Now I simply send in the 90 day report filled out by mail. Maybe I am missing something in this thread? What report are you talking about here? I am confused. Is there another report you do I donot do?

The headline is still wrong, sorry.

They still require the reports. They no longer require the PROOF of address. They were requiring this for awhile. Most people just used a copy of a utility bill with their name and address on it.

This is about PATTAYA only. Offices vary.

Edited by Jingthing