Hiv Home Test Kits

dudeyone

I'd like to get an HIV test from a pharmacy, over the counter. I went to the pharm in TESCO and the woman said they didnt sell them.

I read that they are sold for 150 to 600 baht.

Does anyone know where I can get a home HIV test kit in bangkok?

I'm near Thong Lo BTS station.

thanks

2 similiar threads merged.

HIV home test kits are not licensed for sale in Thailand.

Many countries do not allow them as they can cause a lot of problems e.g. people may misunderstand results in the absence of counseling.

For example, a positive result does NOT mean one has HIV, just that one needs to get a more accurate and complicated type of blood test done by a laboratory; most positives will prove in fact to be negative. (This is done automatically when you are testedi n a health facility and you need never even know about the initial false positive). And a negative result does not rule out HIV infection if there was possible exposure in the recent past. Etc etc. People may unnecesdsarily painic or get a false sense of assurrance if they do not understand all of this. Safe use of hoem test kits requires a pretty sophisticated level of understanding of HIV which the general population here does nto have, so I'm inclined to agree with the MOH on this.