62-year-old Man Arrested For Selling 302 Fake Usd Bank Notes

george

62-year-old man arrested for selling 302 fake USD bank notes

SURIN: -- Police have arrested a 62-year-old man for selling 302 fake US dollar bank notes to an undercover policeman.

Khachorn Khachornboonnak was arrested at Friday evening for selling 302 fake USD-100 notes to a policeman for Bt300,000.

Khachorn had earlier given two fake notes to the policeman and made an appointment to deliver the 300 notes later.

Khachorn said he had received the bank notes from another man, identified only as Sua, to sell at the rate of Bt3,000 each and he would get Bt1,000.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-26

my guess is, that the U.S. Treasury Dept., who is in charge of counterfet U.S. money, is trying to bring pressure on the Thai govt. to find out where these notes came from... I can see immunity in it for this man if he can produce the instigator.. that's the way the U.S. Law enforcement community works...

of course, if the instigator of these fake notes is one of the high muckety mucks in the Thai govt., this request from the U.S. Treasury Dept. will fall on deaf ears, or they will claim that the man they have in custody, is the instigator... :)

Most of the counterfit money is being processed by big governments like Russia and Iran and all the other enemies of the United States. A single gang would find it very difficult to make and smuggle such large quantities of US currency. Granted tthere are small time people who make fake bills, but it's nothing compared to the millions the Russians are making. They already know where it's coming from but they cant stop it. The only thing they can do is bust the middle men. We have had our $20 bill changed like 4-5 times in the past 5 years and it still hasn't stopped anything.

If it had have been a farang, it would have been splashed all over the front pages of the press, both Thai & foreign, wouldn't it? :)

YES IT WOULD HAVE...... It's either "Farang", "American" or "man/woman"....

and as far as counterfeiting goes, it may get to the point of being more expensive to print then what it's worth.

Edited by JRinger

my guess is, that the U.S. Treasury Dept., who is in charge of counterfet U.S. money, is trying to bring pressure on the Thai govt. to find out where these notes came from... I can see immunity in it for this man if he can produce the instigator.. that's the way the U.S. Law enforcement community works...

Yep I agree with your Post 100% We have $20.00 problem in America as well...

I do not understand these instigators, they spread like germ...and they seldom spend time in jails. Sound like those bad hackers who send virus to the users around the word..Time to crack down...and someone needs a jail time badly...

My take and opinion.

Khachorn said he had received the bank notes from another man, identified only as Sua, to sell at the rate of Bt3,000 each and he would get Bt1,000.

Such a risk for the princely reward of 1,000 baht. :) That man must've been desperate. :D