Tai Chi At Municipal Stadium

tomahawk

hello everyone. I recently sustained back injury and doctor tells me tai chi exercise may be helpful. Does anyone know if they still do tai chi in mornings at municipal stadium. Thank you.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Tomahawk,

Sorry to hear about your back; my human container had his share of lower back problems in his early forties, including sciatica; ice packs, weight loss, and a divorce, really helped. My human had real difficulty accepting that a period of relative inactivity really was required to heal, and repeated a cycle of trying to do too much too soon : which meant he spent several months getting over the problem, rather than a few weeks.

My human believes that swimming is the best exercise you can do with a back injury.

When I lived up near Moon Muang Soi 7 long ago, I used to go sometimes at 6AM to Wat Chiang Man (on Rachapakinai) for some strange variant (compared to the Yang style I had learned in the 1960's from Master Choy in San Francisco) of Tai Chi Chuan (perhaps more Chi Gung than Tai Chi Chuan ?).

There is a farang lady here, Khun Julie, who is a very serious practitioner and teacher of Tai Chi and Chi Gung in Chiang Mai (pm me for a link to her website, if you like).

Usually about forty people or so were there every day, and a strange background music and instruction tape was played in Chinese. It was not strenuous, and was energizing.

best, ~o:37;

At about 5:45 each morning you can join about a dozen or up to, say 25, senior citizens in an hour's worth of slow exercise--not strict tai chi as taught by masters--at Three Kings Monument. I've also seen this activity at Tha Pae Gate plaza as well as at the north end of the Municipal Stadium. I've heard that there are a few other places around town where you can find this early morning exercise.

hello everyone. I recently sustained back injury and doctor tells me tai chi exercise may be helpful. Does anyone know if they still do tai chi in mornings at municipal stadium. Thank you.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Tomahawk,

Sorry to hear about your back; my human container had his share of lower back problems in his early forties, including sciatica; ice packs, weight loss, and a divorce, really helped. My human had real difficulty accepting that a period of relative inactivity really was required to heal, and repeated a cycle of trying to do too much too soon : which meant he spent several months getting over the problem, rather than a few weeks.

My human believes that swimming is the best exercise you can do with a back injury.

When I lived up near Moon Muang Soi 7 long ago, I used to go sometimes at 6AM to Wat Chiang Man (on Rachapakinai) for some strange variant (compared to the Yang style I had learned in the 1960's from Master Choy in San Francisco) of Tai Chi Chuan (perhaps more Chi Gung than Tai Chi Chuan ?).

There is a farang lady here, Khun Julie, who is a very serious practitioner and teacher of Tai Chi and Chi Gung in Chiang Mai (pm me for a link to her website, if you like).

Usually about forty people or so were there every day, and a strange background music and instruction tape was played in Chinese. It was not strenuous, and was energizing.

best, ~o:37;

Your remark caught my eye: Master Choy in SFO in the 60's? I studied tai chi in chinatown park, from 1969-1973 from a chinese master, with a very young wife and a young boy child. I thought his name was Kuo... but could be mistaken... Just before i moved here to CM i met someone in my SFO neighborhood whose mother practiced with me at that 5-6:30 am time in Portsmouth Sq. He was showing me a book with his mother's pictures and there i was! hahahaha...

i hear "its' a small world" from disneyland playing

zippy