What License Do You Need To Open A Tour Agency In Thailand?

Hi

I am waiting for a reply from my lawyer but so far nothing!

Does anybody know the licensing process of a tour agency in Thailand? Is it the same as just opening a standard business?

I look forward to your help!

Travel agency, etc, as I understand, are prohibited occucpation,,,

Service Industry: Tour agency, Hotels except Hotel management, photography, laundering, dress making and service jobs.

Hi

I am waiting for a reply from my lawyer but so far nothing!

Does anybody know the licensing process of a tour agency in Thailand? Is it the same as just opening a standard business?

I look forward to your help!

You will need a TAT licence. This allows you to sell tours. Go to any tour agent in Thailand and you will see the certificate displayed on the wall. Without it, its illegal to sell tours.

Its not that expensive, and I think you just renew it every year. Let me ask my wife later today and i will get back to you.

It is true that a foreigner cannot work as a tourist guide, but there are plenty of foreigners who are manager of a tour agency which organizes tours itself, or retails tours organized by others

The previous poster refers to the licence needed to sell tours organized by others. See this thread.

If you want to organize tours yourself, you need a different TAT licence which is costlier and more complicated to get, you will also be obliged to pay insurance.