Pattaya To Lopburi

bolt

Hi

Can anyone give me directions from Pattaya to Lopburi

I hope to take a car, but any advice much appreciated

any other info about Lopburi also!

It's actually pretty straight-forward. Head out on Sukhumvit to the north, turn onto Highway 36 towards Rayong, then left onto Highway 7 to Bangkok. You then take the ring road Highway 9 toward Bang Pa-in and keep going till you reach Route 1 to the North. Bear right onto Highway 21 when you see it signposted to Lopburi. I use that route going to Chaiyaphum/Lopburi border and it's not bad apart from some roadworks around Bangkok which can hold you up at busy times.

Best thing is to use the "Get Directions" feature in Google Maps.

Click here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source....603027&z=8

A small investment in GPS will save you alot of headaches.

I had a garmin program (Mobile XP) installed on my cellphone while in Malaysia for about 1000 Baht with maps for Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Wish I would have had it while in Singapore, because we stayed lost while walking around and trying to use a map.

Probably lost 1 kilo from the additional needless backtracking.

Used it on the drive home from Hat Yai to Hua Hin and it was great, effortless and the GF and I did not have any argurments about which way to go, where to turn, etc.

I just ordered a used Garmin handheld unit from ebay for under $50USD.

It has a color screen, a SD card slot, is able to accept downloadable maps, and has "turn-by-turn" automated instructions.

There is another thread on the Thaivisa forum describing a U.S. shipping service if needed.

Hi 'bolt',

and please watch out for any 'Bombs' as this has been reported in our News Section..... :)

Safe trip and good luck. Keep up posted how it went btw :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D