Beware Of This Bank

crusty

How many know that the Thai bank whose favourite colour is yellow is owned by Singapore ? Four years ago this bank's sweet talking manager built their business up to one the biggest banks on Koh Samui by offering to refinance hotel and resorts loans, while their exchange outlets sprung up everywhere. While Thai banks are trying to help during this crisis by extending time repayment on loans, this bank insists that a 5 year loan be paid in that time otherwise you are charged as an NPL. This is the same bank who demanded we upgrade our disaster insurance (after the tsunami), with their affiliated insurance company which is partnered with a large German insurance company. Not long after, we suffered in the 2005 floods and had to replace all our underground cables and transformer (not once did they come to inspect the original wiring) at over a million baht costs. Yet our claim was rejected, as they declared the damage was caused by "floods and not rain damage". Lesson learned., deal with good Thai banks as they are more tuned into the Thai economy !

British and American banks do exactly the same thing to business customers they can withdraw loan facilities at a moments notice even if you are good customer just to suit their own business plans .Banks are all evil.but a necessity unfortunately

Spirit of Asean ???

The whole principle of fractional reserve banking is a legalised con. In any other busines you would be prosecuted for fraud and deception for doing as the banks do. I have always found this bank to be one of the better ones here though :)

My wife thinks I'm the best bank .

How many know that the Thai bank whose favourite colour is yellow is owned by Singapore ? Four years ago this bank's sweet talking manager built their business up to one the biggest banks on Koh Samui by offering to refinance hotel and resorts loans, while their exchange outlets sprung up everywhere. While Thai banks are trying to help during this crisis by extending time repayment on loans, this bank insists that a 5 year loan be paid in that time otherwise you are charged as an NPL. This is the same bank who demanded we upgrade our disaster insurance (after the tsunami), with their affiliated insurance company which is partnered with a large German insurance company. Not long after, we suffered in the 2005 floods and had to replace all our underground cables and transformer (not once did they come to inspect the original wiring) at over a million baht costs. Yet our claim was rejected, as they declared the damage was caused by "floods and not rain damage". Lesson learned., deal with good Thai banks as they are more tuned into the Thai economy !

Whilst I am no great fan of banks and this bank's treatment of your insurance claim seems bizarre and well worthy of appeal through the courts, I am however constantly amazed at how shocked people are that they are supposed to pay back loans they are given, on time!

What did you expect?!

When you lend money to someone, don't you expect to be paid back on time?

If the banks had been more responsible about who they loaned to and more diligent in getting repaid, we would not be in the s--t we are in right now!

Get real!

Concerned is living in another world ! Of course the bank was responsible, considering the loan for our upgrade is twenty times less than the value of the property. What was unknown at the time was that Thailand would experience an inept government with unqualified ministers, no control on taxis, jetskis or building controls and an inept police force and the airport scams and a series of tourist murders. Of couse they will be repaid but over a longer period is all we ask, considering what the tourism business is up against !

Concerned is living in another world ! Of course the bank was responsible, considering the loan for our upgrade is twenty times less than the value of the property. What was unknown at the time was that Thailand would experience an inept government with unqualified ministers, no control on taxis, jetskis or building controls and an inept police force and the airport scams and a series of tourist murders. Of couse they will be repaid but over a longer period is all we ask, considering what the tourism business is up against !

Sadly you've got it the wrong way round! I live in the real world. You live in a world where you think that money is yours. You don't get it. THE MONEY IS THEIRS not yours and they want it bank under the terms which you were delighted to sign for and accept! Whatever happened between is the "real world" I'm afraid.

I'm not saying I don't have sympathy with you or anyone else that finds themselves in difficulty because believe me I could do with a bit of help myself! I'm just fed up with people who happily sign up to something and then end up whingeing when it does'nt work out to their advantage.

Just as I'm pi---d off with all the dic---ads who have 20 or 30 grand on their plastic because they wanted the latest ipod or trainers or laptops and then end up being shocked that they actually have to pay it back one day. Trouble is, they probably never do and it's the rest of us who end up paying for it.

I hope you manage to find a way out of your troubles, but blaming everyone but yourself, would be typical of someone who would tell someone else they " don't live in the real world"