Buying International Air Tickets In Los

mussen

I arrived here (Thailand) on a ticket that I bought in Oz (Yearly ticket.). Is it possible to buy another return ticket here (Thailand), return to Oz, then come back, and when going back to Oz to use the return portion of my initial Yearly ticket?

Also anyone have prices for BKK-->MEL-->BKK tickets bought in Thailand?

Thanks, and hope I've explained my question clearly

I had to do a rushed trip back to oz about a month ago. With only about a weeks notice to reach a deadline, I was informed from my carrier that all flights were fully booked. I, also, was on a yearly ticket with 6 months remaining before the expiry date. I did toy around with the idea of buying a cheap return ticket and then using the return part of my yearly ticket later. Luckily the carrier called me to say they had squeezed me on. To the point of the matter there should be no reason at all why you cant do what you planned.

Earlier this year I checked out the prices in a travel agency and found the prices for thai and singapore were much cheaper if originated from here rather than from oz.

Hope this might help you. As I am out in the sticks with no travel agency close by, I couldnt tell you how much the tickets are from here.

Good luck mate.

I arrived here (Thailand) on a ticket that I bought in Oz (Yearly ticket.). Is it possible to buy another return ticket here (Thailand), return to Oz, then come back, and when going back to Oz to use the return portion of my initial Yearly ticket?

Unless I'm missing something here, I can't really see why you'd ask if that's a problem. It sounds utterly routine to me.

As for prices, while I don't have any specifics for Melbourne at hand, I have no doubt you would find that BKK-MEL-BKK is at least a bit cheaper than the same flight originating in Melbourne. A couple of years ago it was a lot cheaper, particularly in business and first, close to 50% of the overseas price, but the gap has narrowed a great deal recently.

Call around to some travel agents. The prices quoted will all probablly be about the same from all of them. General discounts here are rare, but sometimes a particular carrier offers cheaper deals for a while and only one or two travel agencies will be smart enough to know about it. Also look at the big travel ads in the classified section of the Bangkok Post almost any weekday.

Also anyone have prices for BKK-->MEL-->BKK tickets bought in Thailand?

Thanks, and hope I've explained my question clearly

Yes!

My last BKK-Oz trip in November 2004 was the same cost as three years ago, between 25k-30k. Thai Airways has a late night flight Sydney-Melbourne-Bkk that they love to book people on when there is a non-stop Sydney-Bkk around 6:30 pm. They have even lied to me about the late night flight being non-stop.

My November 2004 flight was travel agent booked on Quantas but was told the flight, the 747 flying daily was full. They then booked me on a "combined" Quantas flight that consisted of three airlines sharing the same plane, otherwise the flight was identical to the Quantas. My ticket was British Airways, but otherwise, all else was Qantas.

While I am inrigued by the adverts in the Post travel agency section regarding "low fares", I have been unsuccessful in using those agencies, no phone answering, no call backs and numerous stop flights. I think they are "false advertising", which is so common in Thailand.

Quantas really gave me a hard time over baggage weight coming back.

Air travel has really become disagreeable in the past few years. Do enjoy the low prices remaining unchanged for years but we pay in inconvenience and poor service.

Hi,

You almost get what you paid for.

The cheapest tickets will be on less reputable airlines with date restrictions and maybe several stops enroute.

I have found that buying my tickets in LOS is very much cheaper than expensive Japan and as I travel at least 4 or 5 times between the 2 countries, I always buy a ticket in LOS and keep the 'return' Japan-LOS open in hand while in Japan.

I always buy one year or 6 months open tickets either on an airline that has daily flights or even a completly open ticket valid on any airline on the route.

A business class ticket Japan/LOS/Japan would cost 340.000 yen or 121.000 bahts.

I got my last ticket in LOS for less than 60.000 !

In economy the difference is not so big but very much the same percentage (50%) at least ex-Japan