Nationwide Account?

32x

I know this has been posted before.So sorry for bringing it up again.

But could someone please tell me the type of account at the Nationwide Bank in the UK where they dont charge a fee for making a withdrawl in Thailand useing the ATM card they issue?.

If you register for an internet account with them, you can keep the bulk of your cash in an interest earning account (paying gross interest if you're a non tax payer) & tranfer for free online to your flex account from which you draw your money in thailand .

Got 73.98 Bt /£ on withdrawals in Bangers last week (Secon Square)and NO charges .

Tried one of my other just to re-check (RBS)and not only got less but tranni charges and fee involved :o

Re N/W and to quote Tina Turner........its...Simply the Best :D

Yes - but that's a credit card.

It's free for the debit cards if you have a bank account with them...

And, since it's a UK bank, and you are supposed to be UK resident when opening the account, it's hardly surprising they want a UK address to send the bank statements to...

I have a Nationwide flex account as well and have never been charged for using my card in Thailand.

As I'm moving to Pattaya to live in June, I opened an account with Nationwide International, which is based in the Isle of Man. This account can also be accessed via the internet and you can arrange transfers from there to your Thai bank account. You have to give 60 days notice (or lose 60 days interest) but that shouldn't be a major problem. For real emergencies you are allowed on penalty free withdrawal of up to £10,000. In addition, you can transfer funds from your flex account to the Isle of Man account over the internet (or by phone if you prefer).

When I make the move, I'll be changing my correspondence address to my brother, who is still in the UK. I've also signed a power of attorney in his favour.

Alan