Luxury Clubhouse Torched in Pattaya: Electrical Fault Suspected

snoop1130

Pattaya-2-Fire-engulfs-luxurious-clubhouse-in-Nusa-Chivani-Pattaya-Village-pic-1-copy.jpg

Na Jomtien, Thailand - Yesterday, the grand clubhouse nestled in the heart of the exclusive Nusa Chivani Pattaya Village was swallowed whole by a roaring blaze.

Triggered somehow on the second floor, the fire ripped ferociously through documents and bed sets, whipping itself into a frenzy. Towering plumes of smoke rose, turning a serene day into a smoky nightmare, the grey shroud visible for miles around.

Firefighters from across the region stepped up to the plate, pooling an enormous effort to tame the monstrous flames. A gruelling test of endurance and tenacity, the fierce inferno was eventually contained through their heroic effort, ensuring nearby structures remained untouched.

Thumbnailed investigations by the authorities are proposing the origin of the blaze to be an electrical glitch. Initial smoke alarms fostered hope for control but instead, the flames gushed into an uncontrollable crescendo.

The damage done is pegged in the millions of baht sector, though a precise figure awaits official confirmation.

Ain’t done, though. An extensive, thorough probe's been kicked off, intending to unveil the exact sequence that birthed such a horrible event, reducing the palatial clubhouse to ashes.

Photo courtesy of The Thaiger

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-14

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Towering plumes of smoke rose, turning a serene day into a smoky nightmare, the grey shroud visible for miles around.

Sounds like somewhere up north.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Agreed the word, 'torched' is ill-chosen and immediately reminded me of lots of other blazes shortly after the renewal of Fire Insurance policies.

Please post links to those insurance frauds, you claim.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Seems that every time there is a fire the ‘self bestowed intellectual elite’ of AN, shout insurance fraud, as if al fires are started deliberately.

You have to be so naive to believe that insurance companies, in any country, are going to pay out without a conclusive investigation, they do not like losing money.

Police, forensic officers and insurance loss adjusters/investigators are trained to identify the causes of fire. Here are a few of the basic starting points that will help identify arson and which will stop any insurance payout.

1. Multiple seats of fire (fire started at different points or different rooms)

2. Is there any presence of accelerants (easy to detect with hydro carbon meter)

3. Was the colour of the smoke noteworthy (gives an indication of what was burning)

4. Were fire system turn off at the time of the fire. (Slower detection and greater fire spread)

5. What was the condition of the doors and windows (left open to help fire spread, more available oxygen)

6. Were there any items (equipment, chemicals, etc.) present at the time of the fire that wouldn't normally be there. ( help fire development)

7. Unusual burn patterns and high heat stress (evidence that fire set in highly combustible material or strange location)

8. Signs and evidence of forced entry (someone got in to start the fire)

9. Missing valuable items ( items that should be present but have been safely removed before fire)

10. Suspicious property owner/staff who are behaving out of the ordinary (at time of fire or in previous business dealings)

Yes arson does occur, but the numbers of those persecuted for arson is low, as most are charged with criminal damage, using fire as a thrill, threat, revenge, vandalism, extremist motivations or trying to conceal another crime.

Insurance companies have a financial interest in denying claims and If the available evidence, after investigation, points to intentional fire-setting the claims will be rejected.

Insurance typically doesn’t cover arson because it involves deliberately setting fires with the intent to cause damage or destruction. Insurance policies are meant to cover unexpected and accidental events, not intentional acts of harm or illegal activities.

Pictures below of the internal damage at this fire, it will still allow a conclusive investigation.

IMG_2771.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a headache now trying to read such dribble.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thumbnailed investigations by the authorities are proposing the origin of the blaze to be an electrical glitch. Initial smoke alarms fostered hope for control but instead, the flames gushed into an uncontrollable crescendo.

The whole article is complete Balderdash ...

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the fire ripped ferociously ........... whipping itself into a frenzy ...............  the flames gushed into an uncontrollable crescendo.

What garbage, but this did come to mind:

220px-ArthurBrownFire.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Some information on this incident can be found in this previous thread.

That thread can now be closed.

Congratulations on your supreme advancement to Moderator or Admin status.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Congratulations on your supreme advancement to Moderator or Admin status.

It is called politeness, I started my thread as I was aware of the incident and could provide live updates, same as with the tank fire in Rayong.

By making the mods aware, when it appears in the news section, it makes it easier for them to close my thread, which has happened a few times, and last time the mod thanked me.

So thank you for you concern and try to have a good day.

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Police, forensic officers and insurance loss adjusters/investigators are trained to identify the causes of fire.

But this is Thailand and baht over-rides training or ethics.  I have had two road collisions dealt with by such investigators.  The 1st when I was  stationary at a U-turn & two tearaways ran into me at 90kph.  'My' agent pleaded with me to sign his statement that my car was protruding into the road so the victims could benefit from my 1st Class Medical Insurance.

The 2nd was after a service at Honda Motors.  I attempted to enter the U-turn lane when a pick-up hit me in the rear after overtaking a slower vehicle at 150kph.  'My' agent left his office in Honda; sauntered across three lanes and with a tape measure proved the point of impact was just off-centre so I had moved into the path of the on-coming vehicle. 

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

But this is Thailand and baht over-rides training or ethics.  I have had two road collisions dealt with by such investigators.  The 1st when I was  stationary at a U-turn & two tearaways ran into me at 90kph.  'My' agent pleaded with me to sign his statement that my car was protruding into the road so the victims could benefit from my 1st Class Medical Insurance.

The 2nd was after a service at Honda Motors.  I attempted to enter the U-turn lane when a pick-up hit me in the rear after overtaking a slower vehicle at 150kph.  'My' agent left his office in Honda; sauntered across three lanes and with a tape measure proved the point of impact was just off-centre so I had moved into the path of the on-coming vehicle. 

Sorry but that is not answering my question, your claimed experiences are either a deflection or a opportunity to moan, and have no relevance to arson or fire investigations.

It does show that insurance company, as I have already said above, will try to avoid making payments, hence making insurance fraud fires even more difficult.

So I ask again, please provide links or details of those “blazes shortly after the renewal of Fire Insurance policies” you posted about above and prove to me it was not just trying to make a big comment, with no knowledge. 

On 5/14/2024 at 3:01 PM, Georgealbert said:

The headline says torched, which would seem to imply a deliberate fire, arson, but the report states the suspected cause maybe electrical.

Damage on part of the top floor was reported to be extensive, but that should not prevent a conclusive investigation into the cause.

IMG_2768.jpeg

AI is not smart enough yet to differentiate between the two causes.

Neither, it seems, is the reporter.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

AI is not smart enough yet to differentiate between the two causes.

Neither, it seems, is the reporter.

I would not expect the reporter to have that much knowledge of this, but if AI is used correctly it can provide extra details to the news report. 

As this is a forum, and I assume no full time reporters, I feel the selection and filtering of the local news stories is not too bad, but I think the wording is sometimes made difficult, as it is often translated from the original Thai reports. At least it gives plenty of options and opportunities to comment.

• Like 1