How Is Tot Adsl In Rawai?

wtk

I've been hearing from some people never to get TOT adsl if you have the possibility to get TT&T. Right now it looks like a friend of mine needs to decide between TOT and CDMA so my question is simple: Is TOT adsl reliable enough to have as a primary internet?

I know how CDMA works so please only share you experiences with TOT adsl (mentioned your package type and monthly fee is you can too) in rawai area

thank you very much!

I have TT&T in Rawai which I am very happy with. My neighbour in the house opposite me had TOT for about 3 months. He got so frustrated with it, because of connection problems and slow speeds that he cancelled the contract and changed to TT&T. He is now happy.

I have never heard anything good about TOT ADSL. I have in excess of 99% uptime and consistent download speed of around 2.5Mb/s and I'm not that close to the exchange either. Avoid TOT.

Check out http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx

Great source for real world international internet speeds by various providers from various areas around Phuket.

Must admit, never had a problem with TOT, other than the failure of a wireless router purchased through them. Just did the speedtest contained in the link and got 3457 kbps download, 385 kbps upload (I've got the 4 Mb Diamond package).

Great source for real world international internet speeds by various providers from various areas around Phuket.

well this just shows the speed at some specific moment. i am looking for information about the stability. I did gather from that site though that the speeds with most TOT packages vary a lot. thanks for the link though

Must admit, never had a problem with TOT, other than the failure of a wireless router purchased through them. Just did the speedtest contained in the link and got 3457 kbps download, 385 kbps upload (I've got the 4 Mb Diamond package).

thanks for the report. i will tell my neighbour about the happy customer too :)

Is anyone else experiencing a lot of problems with TOT today? Not just the usual cut off and having to reboot a couple of times, (by the way, uninstalled AVG and computer starts in a fraction of the time without it), but hardrive blinking a lot - then cut off for no apparent reason - multiple rebootings, usually have to eventually pull the plug and wait half an hour.

I called 1100 (i know ...) just to ascertain whether there were any problems on Phuket specifically or whether it was the very bad weather, (if not - have to schlep hard drive up to the local shop), and the guy said 'no problems on Phuket'. 'Okay, might by my hard drive then. Just sometimes if the weather's bad the connection's no good'. Call Centre Guy: ' Yes, the weather no good on Phuket, might be the connection'. Jeezuz.

Anyone else having 'sporadic, wildly fluctuating connection today'?

Edited by wilsongbrown

TOT is the worst, I TT&t also... No, THE BEST is CAT CDMA with the newish HUAWEI. For the Technoid Wizzards etc I want better that no or real slow... I have never been cut or down with CAt except for really massive Fon Thuk! Slows down. There is a huge tower right across vises from Rawai Lotus that I know works near Ao Sane. I will add that I do live near the tower but with CDMA its great!~ Poom Rak CAT CDMA