Wholewheat Tortillas

onnut

Only thing available here is Danitas Whole Wheat Tortillas with limited distribution at Villa Supermarkets. The one at Ploenchit Center at Sukumvit Soi 2 usually has them. They are in the refridgerated section.

They are OK, but the two month shelf life makes me assume they must be loaded with preservatives!

ok, great, I will go and have a look today.

thank you

If you are going to Villa, I would recommend buying some whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and shortening (or lard) and making your own.

Its really quite easy.

And this way you will have a much longer-lasting supply from your trip.

Recipe here:

http://www.nanaproducts.com/uploads/Tortillas.pdf

Just substitute about 1/4 to 1/3 of the total of all-purpose flour with whole wheat. I'd start off with 1/4 and see how they hold together. So if the recipe calls for 2 cups all-purpose, use 1/2-cup whole wheat, and 1.5 cups all-purpose. This also gives me an idea for adding this option to my recipe page :)

Thanks.

Edited by ChefHeat

ok, great, I will go and have a look today.

thank you

If you are going to Villa, I would recommend buying some whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and shortening (or lard) and making your own.

Its really quite easy.

And this way you will have a much longer-lasting supply from your trip.

Recipe here:

http://www.nanaproducts.com/uploads/Tortillas.pdf

Just substitute about 1/4 to 1/3 of the total of all-purpose flour with whole wheat. I'd start off with 1/4 and see how they hold together. So if the recipe calls for 2 cups all-purpose, use 1/2-cup whole wheat, and 1.5 cups all-purpose. This also gives me an idea for adding this option to my recipe page :)

Thanks.

THANKS A LOT @ CHEFHEAT, i am LOVING mexican food and specially Tortillas and Soft Tacos. I was searching for a receipt to make soft tacos everywhere in the net but mostly the tell you about the fillings and write ....buy some soft tacos.... I will try your receipe as soon as I get up tomorrow morning.