What To Do Against Noisy Condo Neighbors?

You know the racket in some public places, different music blaring? There is a Chinese sounding 8 second piercing melody which is repeated endlessly, monotonously.

And the usual sounds of other music or the TV.

Not a problem - if only they would close the ##$@$ing door!

This is a large condo and different sets of people live there at different times.

The hired help (nannies? cleaners?) will be gone in the evening.

Q: how would you deal with this? Say something like ask to close the door?

Or would this trigger some escalation?

This music-loop would be a very effective torture method. It must be loke having a clip branded into one's mind.

8 seconds, then a 2 second pause, then it repeats itself. Cymbals at the end. Piercing, it cannot be ignored or blocked out.

Before you buy a condo, check out the neighbors!! Such people can drive anyone out.

Chris

Do you own or rent a condo? Regardless, every condo has bylaws, and it would behoove you to become familiar with them. The condo management company can provide a copy. In my condo, the bylaws require that the condo door is kept closed at all times. A renting family, next to me refused to do so and, after several warnings from the condo office, they were forced to move. So, you should make a complaint in person to the condo office, AND through a polite email to the juristic person and condo office.

On the rare occasion that we'd have issues at my condos (Baan Suan Thon on Ratchadaphisek 36 by Land and House, and the other a unit at Grand Diamond in town in the Pratunam area), you simply call the 'niti' or juristic office and they send guards up to ask politely to keep it down, as many times as necessary. Most people don't keep it up unless they want someone always knocking on their door.

:)

Edited by Heng