Bulk Fixing Of Duff White Balance

Crossy

A mate has managed to shoot a whole bunch (hundreds) of outdoor shots with his camera set for 'tungsten' white balance resulting in a 'orrible blue caste to the images.

I've fixed a couple using Photoshop with satisfactory results (he's shooting jpeg against my suggestion that RAW was best), anyone know of a way of automating this fix, it's going to take days to fix them by hand :)

Hi Crossy,

Welcome to our forum.

I use ACDSee Pro 2.5 and this is what the help section mentioned about bulk editing.

Adjusting exposure for multiple images

In ACDSee, you can lighten or darken the colors of an image or a group of images with the Batch Adjust Exposure Wizard. You can adjust each image individually and preview the changes before applying, or make your adjustments to a single image and automatically apply the same changes to all of the images you selected.

You can also save your settings as a preset for future use.

To adjust image exposure:

1. In the Browser, select one or more images, and then click Tools | Batch Adjust Exposure.

2. In the Batch Adjust Exposure tool, do one or more of the following:

To adjust your images' exposure automatically, select the Auto Levels tab and set the options.

To adjust your images' exposure, contrast, and fill light level, select the Exposure tab and adjust the options.

To precisely adjust the contrast and light levels in your images, select the Levels tab and set the options.

To precisely adjust the RGB color channels in your image, select the Curves tab and set the options.

3. Do one of the following:

Select the Apply settings to all selected images check box to apply the current settings to all of the images you selected.

De-select Apply settings to all selected images and click Next Image to move on to the next image and repeat step 2 for each image you want to adjust.

4. Click Options to specify how you want to save and store the images.

5. Click Filter All Images.

Hope this helps your mate out.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :)

Cheers Kan :)

I have Photoshop CS3, I can fix the piccies using the curves tool and the mid-grey eyedropper, luckily the subjects (elephants) tend to be grey :D

I'm working through the shots by hand, it's just rather slow. A quicker automatic method would be good :D

This is only a guess on my part but I assume that you could set up "actions" to record your activity then load all and batch process.

Secondly, assuming you have your profiling and colour settings accurate would it not be possible to use "auto colour correct"?

I use a software programme called Photokit colour (which will batch colour correct incidentally) but I'm amazed how many times CS3 Auto correct equals the Photokit amendment.

Good luck

Thanks chaps, in the end I saved a 'good' curves correction and applied it to all the images one at a time (actually he did it, they were his photos). Results are quite acceptable.

He is now learing about RAW :)