Kolao Accelerator Stuck

Focus

My friend was on his KoLao 125 cc, automatic transmission bike and the accelerator got stuck and he did all he could to stop the bike with the hand brakes and finally slowed it down enough to run it into a wall and then stopped and was able to turn the bike off. Anybody know what's up with that?

Never head about a KaLao bike? What kind of fish is that? :)

Why didn't he switch off the ignition instead of hitting a wall to stop the bike, sounds like a Mr Bean movie? No sorry hopes he is okay and didn't got hurt or damaged the bike. :D

It can only be either the cable for the carburetor that is stuck (gas cable) or the carburetor itself that is stuck. Try with stopped engine to twist the throttle and see if it moves on the carb and goes back to zero (idle) when released. If not disconect the cable on the carburetor and see if the wire in the cable is moving freely (if not try to oil the wire and free it up).

On a Wave I previously owned, the carburetor was filled with dirt after 2 month standstill, but I could get the bike going and I managed (just) to drive the bike to a workshop and got it cleaned for 100 bath, the problem though was not full power but it would not idle. (good old Wave, solid gear for sure).

Never head about a carburetor that got stuck in full throttle position, but that said it is not impossible but first check the cable. There will normal be a spring that puts the carburetor/cable back to idle position when the throttle is released which of course also can be the problem.

My friend was on his KoLao 125 cc, automatic transmission bike and the accelerator got stuck and he did all he could to stop the bike with the hand brakes and finally slowed it down enough to run it into a wall and then stopped and was able to turn the bike off. Anybody know what's up with that?

wtf6.gif?!

MuppetBikeCrash.jpg