Wedding Entertainment Required

mallmagician

Its a long while off yet, but having searched on Google, Im struggling to find information on hiring bands and entertainment for our wedding ceremony next year.

I'm looking for prices and reccomendations for :-

(1) Classical soloist, Duo or Trio for daytime classical incidental music. Pachelbel Canon in D etc

(2) Good Band - Plays mix of Thai and Western music, good for bonfire party, lively. Couple of hours set. - Must provide own Amps etc.

(3) DJ who can play good party music, and not all thai stuff. Provides own Speakers, Lighting rig etc. Knows how to keep a party going, but without being too underground in their music selection.

Any ideas?

Ya gotta have some coyote dancers there.

It's a "no show" without a half dozen of these girls in their skimpy outfits performing.

oop's I see that you are wanting a "Classical soloist, Duo or Trio for daytime classical incidental music"

Maybe the coyote girls might feel a bit out of place :)

That was partly in jest but seriously, a number of recent weddings I have been to (4x in the past year) have had skimpies performing,

Edited by john b good

:D

Coyote girls sound good to me for the evening do. Not sure what the wifey would think though.

Phil

I think that she would be OK with it.

Remember she is still in love with you "it's your wedding day after all"

Thai's love noise, noise, with heaps of volume and the old guys who are in attendance will think that they are in heaven with a few of these girls doing their stuff.

OK, wifey might be watching you like a hawk but you are the guy she's gonna be going home with at the end of the evening.

Best of luck for a long and harmonious married life :)

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Our thai attendees in the evening will be in the minority when compared to Farang I think. And most of the thai guests will be wifeys friends - mostly female.

But I reckon the Farang guests would like the coyotes too.

Im hoping to cover all bases, so there is something for everyone.

Thanks again,

Phil

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Our thai attendees in the evening will be in the minority when compared to Farang I think. And most of the thai guests will be wifeys friends - mostly female.

But I reckon the Farang guests would like the coyotes too.

Im hoping to cover all bases, so there is something for everyone.

Thanks again,

Phil

If the entertainment involves clowns, jugglers or magicians, get them to do it on roller-skates - a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Take it from me. I once saw a fire-eating drag queen at a Labour Club in Liverpool. 'She' was doing okay but when she decided to perform on roller-skates she was an over-night sensation!!! A fire-eating act is good, but doing it in drag adds something, somehow. Add roller-skates and you're onto a winner. Strange, but absolutely true. My theory was confirmed a few years later when I went to a Jimmy Tarbuck summer show in Bournemouth. A guy came on playing the Glockenspiel (honestly). He went down okay, but when he went off and returned to do his Finale which was playing the Glockenspiel whilst spinning at 1000mph on Roller-skates, the place erupted!! :)

That's entertainment!!!

Good luck with the big day.

PS - I'm not very 'musical' but give me a pair of spoons, or a comb and a piece of A4, and I'll keep 'em entertained. Fees negotiable.

Edited by KevinHunt

Ah, now even though I feel your post is firmly tongue in cheek, I really like the fire-breathing idea. Maybe not a drag queen, but any old fire breather.

Our evening do will be like a bonfire party complete with KomLoys (Sp?) and bonfire, and hopefully some fireworks of a simple nature.

Fire breather would be a welcome addition.

Anyone do this?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khum MallMagician,

Congratulations (and deepest sympathies) on your impending nuptials !

Last farang-Thai wedding I went to in Chiang Mai had an evening entertainment of a mega-watt karaoke system, and two young lady dancers who lip-synched their way through countless mow-lam and luk theung songs.

But if you had seen the way they shook their ... uhhh ... beauties, you could have cared less who was actually singing :)

About two-hundred people were there for the evening extravaganza, maybe only fifteen or so were farang.

I and I were two of those present who danced to exhaustion : I'd say more than half the Thais present got up and danced :D Good clean fun and, to my knowledge, nobody went to the ICU during or afterwards.

I do have contact with a Thai lady friend in Chiang Rai who performs (as a singer) with a small group; PM me if you want her contacts : she's an amazing dynamo about five-feet tall who often sings in front of hundreds of people, and she really sings, as well as shimmy-shakes.

Now if you need a Poet or Poem for your wedding, please do PM both of us.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, Khum MallMagician,

Congratulations (and deepest sympathies) on your impending nuptials !

I do have contact with a Thai lady friend in Chiang Rai who performs (as a singer) with a small group; PM me if you want her contacts : she's an amazing dynamo about five-feet tall who often sings in front of hundreds of people, and she really sings, as well as shimmy-shakes.

Now if you need a Poet or Poem for your wedding, please do PM both of us.

best, ~o:37;

Hi there,

Thanks for kind response.

The girl who sings with a small group sounds a possible. Do they do thai and western music? If so, I may be interested.

As for the poem, it hadn't even entered my thoughts. But I'll bear it in mind. Thanks. :)

Phil

Any luck on finding a trio?

Not as yet Im afraid. I am in contact with Mr.Saxman who is a well known thai saxophonist, although no doubt out of my league. Im hoping maybe he can point me in the right direction.

I will post here, if I get any joy.

Phil

Any luck on finding a trio?

Not as yet Im afraid. I am in contact with Mr.Saxman who is a well known thai saxophonist, although no doubt out of my league. Im hoping maybe he can point me in the right direction.

I will post here, if I get any joy.

Phil

If all else fails, you've got Orang37's poem and me on the spoons, so don't get too concerned.

Get down to Guitarman

We have done a lot of different functions, weddings etc, useing all the different musos that perform down there, you can catch me there on Thursdays and Saturday nights.

John

ps. even if you find a band and they dont have equipment i have just opened a shop renting out sound equipment, PAs, amps, drums etc.