Moving To Bangkok To Start New Business

HI

U do not need to open a business in thailand to do this.U just need to come over find a trading company .work with the trading company on what products u want.add them to your catalog and start selling.Normaly the trading company will charge u 5% for there service.As u get orders u send your PO to the trading company thay will then do the foot work for u and ship them to your customer.

its so simple if u talk with the right guy.most of these guys on here dont have a clue

This is the way i run my company.I buy from thailand and china.I come over once or twice a year to check my suppliers and talk with my trading company.

I can also tell u this china has a better selection of suppliers for the product u are looking for and a much better price.If u want to get some contacts for some factories and good trading companies contact me. <email deleted>

Cheers

OP is looking information how to be able to stay in thailand for a year, not business advice. So yes, most have a clue and replied to the topic on hand...

Yes, there is a world of difference between coming over here on a business trip as a supplier and staying long term.

Bluelabelspas, I assume you obtained a temporary work permit for your business activities to stay within the law?

Do you have a work permit? No

Do you have a company to help gain a work permit? No

Do you have a Thai partner to help open a company? No

How many other people have thought of the same idea? millions and millions.

Thailand is changing, people are getting wiser, the new immigration laws have seen to that.

No company = No work permit = No way to work legally in Thailand.

Getting caught will mean a hefty fine.

Read pages on this site, get the information then sit down and think about it seriously.

If you want to do business then get someone in Thailand to help you ship the T-shirts.

Or get yourself a "Too hard basket" :)

Tricky question. In theory you need a company an export license and would have to pay 6% export tax this end.

If you employ an export agent you may be able to get around this.

well, i have never had to pay this export tax before, are you sure?

Well, answer this. How have you been doing your previous Bangkok 'shipments'? Have you have been loading suitcases with new clothing and simply calling it checked baggage on a commerical airline?

No! I have been sending it via a cargo company in BKK, about 4 cubic metres at a time, its all above board.

Never paid this tax you talk about. I only pay vat and duty in my country once it arrives.

I am just curious ? why do you struggle with all the sh*t they throw at

you here to try to carry out business ? why does it have to beThailand ?

There are equally capable people in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam who

could meet your orders and Cambodia will give you a much warmer welcome?

I know a number of people from a few different countries who come to BKK, buy goods at Pratunam and ship it back home.

There are shipping services at Pratunam that are more then happy to assist with all that.

I think most people that have tried to reply to this post have no idea of what they are talking about.

The guy have no intention of working in Thailand, he just wants to stay here enjoy the beach and the sunshine.

If he buys some clothing here every so often and ships it back home, how illegal could that be??

Places like Chatuchak and Pratunam have been set up in BKK to serve exactly that purpose.

One way to get a non-immigrant visa is to become a student, say if you want to study the language here or whatever else you fancy.

You will surely have to pay for that but it's not all that much, depending on a University; just google it and see what's up.

Good luck

Edited by cyberia

So ..just to be clear.

I would be living in Bangkok for 1 year. Every 3 months or so, I would purchase a shipment of stock, and send it to my company in Ireland. This way I am not actually doing any business /working in Thailand..I am not selling stock from Thailand to customers in Europe..I am just sending stock to my business in Ireland.

Then, when the stock arrives in Ireland and is cleared my customes, duty etc paid, my staff in Ireland can proceed to sell this stock to other retailers in Ireland/Europe

Is this possible?

The above is possible and legal..... Thailand could use your business (Money). I was a buyer for a large chain retail store in America for many years - I have travelled all over Asia (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and India). I worked with many vendors and in each country I have shipping agents to warehouse the goods I ordered, clear customs, and ship. You're NOT making any money here (Thailand) and only acting as a buyer spending money in Thailand - it's a good thing. Get yourself a Non-O Multiple entry visa valid for 1 year. Go out every 90 days. Good luck to you.

So ..just to be clear.

Is this possible?

The above is possible and legal

possible - yes ,,, legal - I don't think so?

a recognised Buyer's agent is not the same as a student.

Even doing volunteer work would violate his student visa.

--

as above, he could very stealth put exporters in contact with his family overseas and let them, legally, handle the buying. it would still be an illegal activity, even visiting the Sellers, but they would have to intercept emails and phone calls to prove.

Why have to set up the company in Thailand? I think you are giving yourself a headache. Just come and go as you wish and get the business done during that vacation time. You might have to travel quite often that's all. I have friend who bought T-shirts from JJ market and sell them in CA and it works for him. Good luck.

--

as above, he could very stealth put exporters in contact with his family overseas and let them, legally, handle the buying. it would still be an illegal activity, even visiting the Sellers, but they would have to intercept emails and phone calls to prove.

"Read My Lips" - yes it is legal..... and I repeat: You're NOT making any money in Thailand - you're Spending It and it's a good thing for Thailand.

--

"Read My Lips" - yes it is legal..... and I repeat: You're NOT making any money in Thailand - you're Spending It and it's a good thing for Thailand.

Not to be pedantic ........ but.

The law is not about "making money" in Thailand, it is about working in Thailand, and it's clear to me anyway that buying Product in Thailand and sending it overseas for re-sale is working.

Patrick

Not to be pedantic ........ but.

The law is not about "making money" in Thailand, it is about working in Thailand, and it's clear to me anyway that buying Product in Thailand and sending it overseas for re-sale is working.

Patrick

Then we'll just have to arrest 30% of the farang you see at JJ Market (Bangkok) and 80% of the farang buyers visiting wholesale showrooms in Hang Dong (Chaing Mai) as they're violating Thai Law :) i.e: doing business while on vacation!!

Edited by whatchamacallit

wow this seems complicated...

Basically I plan on wholesaling clothing to my customers in Europe from Bangkok.

So, they order from my catalog, I then ship goods to them- I dont need to employ any1 to help me to that!

Is this possible?

HI

U do not need to open a business in thailand to do this.U just need to come over find a trading company .work with the trading company on what products u want.add them to your catalog and start selling.Normaly the trading company will charge u 5% for there service.As u get orders u send your PO to the trading company thay will then do the foot work for u and ship them to your customer.

its so simple if u talk with the right guy.most of these guys on here dont have a clue

This is the way i run my company.I buy from thailand and china.I come over once or twice a year to check my suppliers and talk with my trading company.

I can also tell u this china has a better selection of suppliers for the product u are looking for and a much better price.If u want to get some contacts for some factories and good trading companies contact me. <email deleted>

Cheers

great advice, listen to this guy and be on your way. imho there are so many people on this forum who focus on the hole rather than the donut that nothing would ever get done if you follow their advice.