Anyone Been To The New Tesco Lamai Today?

Not finished work yet to visit but has anyone been to the new Tesco in Lamai today?

Same as Chaweng? Any new shops? etc etc....

Cheers.

I went tonight (Thu 8pm), was very busy. The Tescos is set up exactly like the one Chaweng. Stores that I saw were Dunkin Donuts, Black Canyon Coffee, KFC, three or so different Banks .. quite a few others, plus a food hall area.

I was impressed.

As it doesn't officially open till tomorrow I very much doubt it :D The gala opening is on the 3rd with some Thai singer doing the honours. The missus wants to go :)

Went there.

Had to cover my ears from all teen girls screaming.

The new Lamai Lotus was very nice, liked it.

Got dragged there yesterday back err indoors to see some Thai superstar. Just the same as the Chawang one. I can't see the need really for another on an island the size of Samui. To me all they are doing is cutting their profits from Chawang and increasing their costs with the Lamai one. he motorcycle parking was a nightmare and the place was full of the most ignorant Thai's I have ever met. Every check out was open, whch makes a change from Chawang, but give it a couple of weeks and it will be the same with just 2 open. Lets see if it lasts the course ?

I was glad to get back home. :)