Nationwide Card Problems?

I've just finished an 18 minute call to Nationwide about my Flex card not being accepted. They told me it is because I was not using a CHIP & PIN ATM. They told me the one I used on the 3rd was ok because it was CHIP & PIN but the one I tried today was not. It was the same machine both times. Plus I have no idea if Thailand even has CHIP & PIN machines. I will try again tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else having problem getting money out of Bkk AT'Ms with a flex card? Seems to be getting worse where as before there were no problems. On tues tried K Bank SCB and another I forget none of them worked. Yesterday card worked in a siam city bank machine but today the same machine does not work and nor do three others tried, this was PM. Rang Nationwide who say there is no problem with the account or card ask at bank here, Banks here say contact nationwide. Anyone know why these connection problems are getting worse?

I have been having trouble since last Friday (30th Oct) withdrawing cash using my Nationwide flex account card. Finally managed to get 10,000 baht yesterday but today the dreaded 'contact your bank' message is all I'm getting. I am just wondering if todays problem may be because I have not allowed a full 24 hours to elapse since using the card yesterday. Nationwide allow a flex account holder to withdraw £300 (or currency equivalent) a day using their debit card, but do they mean an actual day from midnight to midnight or do they mean 24 hours from last withdrawal ?

Would be grateful to anyone who could answer this.

A