Quick Answere Need-hkt-kul Border Run

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I am from the US and hold a Non Imm-O multiple entry visa based on marriage to a Thai (de facto and de jure). I entered LOS on 18 April using my O visa but the BKK Immigration gave me a permission to stay stamp through 20 November based on a reentry permit of a Non Imm-B visa extension (X3) despite my pointing out that it was a different visa. I made my 90 day report in July and again pointed out the Non Imm O but submitting a copy with the 90 day reportand they said mai pen rai, see you in October. Today Phuket Immigration would not allow me to change the reason for extension to a 60 day extension for visiting my wife, for when I finish my job on Monday. It is in fact finished today but my ex-employer won't be able to cancel my work permit until Monday. It is not a friendly departure, due to him being caught in a huge lie and huge loss of face, and me quitting because of it. I did finish the school year (3 days) after I quit, because it was the right thing to do. He has paid me in full and says it's over but I don't trust him not to try to screw me.

I would like information to see what the members think about my pre-emptive strike. If I fly Phuket to KL on Sunday using the fight that arrives at 10:35 will I have time to clear immigration (visa exempt entry) and customs (no baggage) at KL and then checkin again for the return flight at 12:45? Has anybody done this? Or would waiting for the 20:30 flight be a surer bet? I don't really want to wait at the airport for 10 hours but I am a patient person, and could do it if plan A is cutting it too close.

This would give me a new 90 day stay and I'm leaving in November anyway so I will not really need to deal with the Phuket immigration except at the airport, and remove the possibility that my former employer trying to "influence" the Immigration officer in Phuket town. The extension costs 1900 B and the flight about 4200 B, but it's worth it to be somewhat in control of my plans and to see the look on my ex-bosses face when Immigration tells him that I effectively killed the Non Imm B and work permit by leaving Thailand without a reentry permit, and am good for another 90 days, which again is more than I need. Returning to the US, with wife for a couple of years.

Any visible holes in my plan?

Again, thanks for any help the members can provide.