Dr Pong, Veterinary Doctor, Passed Away

Jose

Last Wednesday afternoon, Dr Pong took her own life. She was in her late 20's.

To those of us who've had the blessing of knowing our friend, it would be difficult to find the words to describe this kind, smiling, softly-spoken soul.

Dr Pong's lies in state at Thongsala's Wat Rad. Her body will be cremated on Tuesday 6pm.

Rest In Peace, my good friend - you will be missed by many souls on this island.

To those of us who've had the blessing of knowing our friend, it would be difficult to find the words to describe this kind, smiling, softly-spoken soul.

Dr Pong's lies in state at Thongsala's Wat Rad. Her body will be cremated on Tuesday 6pm.

Rest In Peace, my good friend - you will be missed by many souls on this island.

it is so sad, Phong had so many friend's? Why did you not talk? We are shocked! Go in peace! Our thought's are with you.

post-56008-1254560028_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1254560062_thumb.jpg

I just was there 2/3 days ago, she took care very well to one of my cats with broken pelvis.

Just seems to me she was not so happy, never smiling like before.

It's an incredible, terrible news. I'm so sorry.

May she stay in peace now!

:)

Dr Pong's funeral ceremony starts tonight (7pm Saturday) at Thongsala's Wat Rad, and will go on for three days until the cremation on Tuesday.

All friends of this beautiful soul are encouraged to bid her farewell.

post-9505-1254568997_thumb.jpg

(Wedding day with husband, 4th June 2009)

she commited a suicide or has been killed?

From jose's post:

May she rest in peace.

may she RIP

but i do hope the Police do a full investigationinto this , as she has only just been married 4 months, has a good job, and then this.......

i dont wish to start anything, but to me , something doesnt seem right here .

Boater

That is so sad, she was invaluable in helping us with our dog, very generous with her time and help to all those with animals in need.

My condolences to her loved ones. She will be greatly missed.

Let her passing be a lesson for all of us. We all need friends, compassion, someone to talk to, someone to share our deepest darkest secrets. She definitely went the wrong way - with heart that looks after homeless, sick, frustrated and beaten dogs and cats. Why are we so busy with our meaningless lives that we can't take care of each other.

Rest in piece.

Dr Phong's life has been a truly meaningful one - saving lives would clearly rank high on any list of high purpose. The happiness that flowed to others from her compassionate actions often went unnoticed, but it has made a difference to our lives whether we notice it or not.

If we take good care of our mind and heart, the result is often a good balance and connection to others. Unfortunately self-care was not a priority for our dear friend.

Tonight's ceremony for Dr Phong at Thongsala's Wat Rad went some way to help heal the tremendous hurt from this tragic loss to our small island community. Anyone feeling this heavy loss is most welcome to be part of the last ceremony today (Monday) 7pm.

The cremation will now be on Tuesday at 1pm.

This is very sad news indeed.

I cannot begin to imagine why/how this has happened.

Dear phong

Whilst it is evident you are gone from this world,

May your journey to a further place be a happy and uneventful one,

When you reach your journeys end just say i am Phong, You will surely be recognised for the saint that you are.

RIP

Edited by cyb

Thank you all again, for the kind words.

Many of Phong's true friends have come forward in the past few days with anecdotes of her kind and selfless life. Somehow, these stories help with the heavy grief.

Unfortunately, nobody (except her husband) seemed aware of the sadness buried deep inside Phong's heart.

Koh Pha-Ngan is a much poorer place now.

• 2 weeks later...