Line Of Sight Wireless

MattFS218

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Thai ISP that offers wireless line of sight /fixed antenna high speed internet connections.

I am trying to hookup a hi-speed line out at one of the industrial complexes on the Eastern Seaboard but am too far for ADSL and IPStar is slow. Any ideas?

Matt

No such thing in Thailand...

The three options for broadband in Thailand are cable (Bkk only), adsl or sattelite (iptv or ipstar)

IPSTAR is both expensive and seems slow when surfing because of the latency you have with every satelite system..

No such thing in Thailand...

The three options for broadband in Thailand are cable (Bkk only), adsl or sattelite (iptv or ipstar)

IPSTAR is both expensive and seems slow when surfing because of the latency you have with every satelite system..

Chiang Mai city center also has cable up to 2 Mbit (TRUE).

• 2 weeks later...

from what i read in adslthailand's forum, WIMAX is highly restrected in thailand...

only tot has tried it...and that too will be used for rural areas where phone line isint there.

the equipment cost is very high...

btw wimax is a new technology using IEEE 802.16.

under line of sight condiditions max distance is 75 Km and maximum bandwidth is 26 mbps...

maybe wait 2 yrs and wimax would become popular in thailand....

no more cluter of cables for the net....just take yr notebook...drive accross the town....use the net during traffic jams....

govt should allow wimax...that way we wont crib about the traffic....;-)

nice technology...but too expensive http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=SONAbeam

but for this to work he needs to have an adsl connection somewhere and then hook up this line of sight equipment...

if he has a friend or sumone ready for this setup, id suggest some hi powered WIFI antenna....they can get the range upto several kilometers...

Edited by devil_dog

from what i read in adslthailand's forum, WIMAX is highly restrected in thailand...

only tot has tried it...and that too will be used for rural areas where phone line isint there.

the equipment cost is very high...

btw wimax is a new technology using IEEE 802.16.

under line of sight condiditions max distance is 75 Km and maximum bandwidth is 26 mbps...

maybe wait 2 yrs and wimax would become popular in thailand....

no more cluter of cables for the net....just take yr notebook...drive accross the town....use the net during traffic jams....

govt should allow wimax...that way we wont crib about the traffic....;-)

I have used WIMAX in Auckland and it works well. Zoom who offer it dont tie you into any contract just pay the monthly cancel at the end of a month. They also offer a buy back on your 'modem' if you want. Only problem with Zoom is there is a low data cap