Where Have You Installed Your Car Audio System?

mnbcm

I want to buy and install a CD player in my car. I'm not getting a sub or amp anytime soon. Just a single CD player with auxiliary input. Can anyone recommend a good shop in Chiang Mai that can do this at a good price? I stopped by a place (called JET maybe?) on Mahidol Rd, but their prices were about 30% higher than a couple Thai web sites I've read online. Granted they have free installation. Are there any other places I could check?

The best place in town for anything auto/sound/electrical is Amnuay, opposite makro on the superhiway. big selection, fair prices and the most comfortable waiting room in town.

I second that. For air conditioning service as well. They are nice people and get things right the 1st time.

I had mine installed with the some speakers in the back deck and the knobs and turn thingys in front where I could reach them when I am driving.

Hope that helps you..... works out well for me.

:)

and ive just worked out how to make my portable stereo run longer than an ipod :D

africanipod1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
The best place in town for anything auto/sound/electrical is Amnuay, opposite makro on the superhiway. big selection, fair prices and the most comfortable waiting room in town.

I ended up going to Amnuay, opposite Makro. I was very impressed with their service. The manager answered my questions and let me test my iPod in different decks for about an hour. They let me observe the installation so I could learn a few things and they really know their stuff. The previous owner had installed some speakers and they recognized a wiring problem immediately. They made sure I understood how the unit worked before I left as well. I would certainly go there again in a heartbeat.