Which Internet Dongle For Chaiyhapum?

menno

Dear all

This is my first post on the site, although I have been an avid reader over the past 1.5 years. Any advice from you techies is welcomed and appreciated.

I am looking to buy a Pay-as-you-go Internet Dongle which allows me to surf the web and use skype. I think I will need something with a good speed, like 2mbps.

I am unsure as where and which to buy or if it will even work in this neck of the woods. (Chaiyhapum)

Could someone point me in the right direction where I can get this type of information.

I would like to know:

- Which dongle works best around Chaiyhapum?

- How much does it cost?

- Will Skype work with it?

Kind regards

Menno

Dear all

This is my first post on the site, although I have been an avid reader over the past 1.5 years. Any advice from you techies is welcomed and appreciated.

I am looking to buy a Pay-as-you-go Internet Dongle which allows me to surf the web and use skype. I think I will need something with a good speed, like 2mbps.

I am unsure as where and which to buy or if it will even work in this neck of the woods. (Chaiyhapum)

Could someone point me in the right direction where I can get this type of information.

I would like to know:

- How much does it cost?

Kind regards

Menno

Thanks Jimmy

That is a little bit dissapointing. I have witnessed friends receive very good internet connection through a dongle...(in Bangkok).

Mobile telephone connection is extremely good throughout Thailan, I thought therefore Internet Dongles would be to the same standard.

Cheers

M

Dear all

I would like to know:

- How much does it cost?

Kind regards

Menno

You can buy an edge compatable sim from either one to call or Dtac then use your mobile phone as a modem. The sim was about 70 baht and I was paying 150 baht for 50 hours internet per month and getting around 180-200kb/s download speed with about 80kb/s upload while in the village in Korat. Not the fastest but usually fast enough for skype. If I tried using it when I went to Bangkok, where the mobile system is much busier, the speeds were slower and not always fast enough for skype but in the village where their mobile system is less busy it was fine. And you can also use the sim for calls as well.