Communication Between Immigration And Labor Depts.

I'm from the USA and am 38 yo.

I have a NON-O visa with a work permit extension through my employer. My employment has been terminated before the expiration of the visa extension. The WP will be canceled soon by the employer.

Although I'm married to a Thai, my visa extension is stamped and the employer's name is written on the extension page so I guess it's not a "Thai Wife" extension.

I understand that I need to leave the country in 7 days right? I am planning a visit back to the USA in three months and was wondering if I could just be stamped out at Suvarnabhumi with no consequences. Has anyone had any experience with having a canceled work permit and sliding through immigration at the airport?

thanks

Better not to risk this!

You actually have to leave on the very same day your employment ends. You employer has to write a form stating on which day your employment is getting terminated which you have to bring to immigration.

Everybody can get a 7 day extension when heir employment ends (1,900 Baht), however as you are married to a Thai national, you can get a 60 day extension!

Better not to risk this!

You actually have to leave on the very same day your employment ends. You employer has to write a form stating on which day your employment is getting terminated which you have to bring to immigration.

Everybody can get a 7 day extension when heir employment ends (1,900 Baht), however as you are married to a Thai national, you can get a 60 day extension!

Agree. :)

Thanks.

What do I need to get a "Thai Wife" stamped extension to my current Non-O visa? I might try for this. BTW I don't have 400K in the bank.

You would need to apply for an one (1) year extension of stay based upon marriage from immigration. You would need either 40k per month income or 400k in a Thai bank, in your own name. If immigration is in a good mood, they could cancel the work extension of stay and issue a marriage extension of stay (under consideration) on the spot, if you can meet all the requirements.

Edited by InterestedObserver

This sounds good. To clarify, if immigration is "in a good mood", they may cancel my current one-year work extension and give me a year extension based on marriage to a Thai. Would I need to show them proof of paying taxes for two months on a job making at least 40K per month and show them a contract? Or is there a way to get the marriage extension if I walk in there without those documents and relying solely on their kindness?

This sounds good. To clarify, if immigration is "in a good mood", they may cancel my current one-year work extension and give me a year extension based on marriage to a Thai. Would I need to show them proof of paying taxes for two months on a job making at least 40K per month and show them a contract? Or is there a way to get the marriage extension if I walk in there without those documents and relying solely on their kindness?

Alas, they are rarely "kind" where it contravenes the immigration regulations. To extend your visa based on marriage to a Thai, they will want to see 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand, or 40,000 baht per month income (or a combination of income

and savings to that quantum)

. To extend your visa based on marriage to a Thai, they will want to see 400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand, or 40,000 baht per month income (or a combination of income

and savings to that quantum)

Sorry Doc. Money OR Income. Not a combination.

Indeed it is now income OR money in the bank.

In Pattaya they do not require your wife to be present when getting the 60 day extension, but obviously all marriage documents, along with a signed copy of her ID card and house book...

Anyway, this was 6 weeks ago, so might have changes, might as well get her to get along to be on the safe side!

This is entirely correct. It's what happened to me when I left my job. Gives you some breathing space to sort things out.

Indeed it is now income OR money in the bank.

In Pattaya they do not require your wife to be present when getting the 60 day extension, but obviously all marriage documents, along with a signed copy of her ID card and house book...

Anyway, this was 6 weeks ago, so might have changes, might as well get her to get along to be on the safe side!

The requirement is both de jure (in law) and de facto (in practice) in the immigration rules and suspect some officials would have a hard time accepting paperwork as proving the latter.

Would I need to show them proof of paying taxes for two months on a job making at least 40K per month and show them a contract?

Since you are no longer employed how are you going to show immigration proof of 40k per month income? This is current income needed to support yourself and family, not past income already spent.

Would I need to show them proof of paying taxes for two months on a job making at least 40K per month and show them a contract?

Since you are no longer employed how are you going to show immigration proof of 40k per month income? This is current income needed to support yourself and family, not past income already spent.

If applying for extension of stay based on marriage, income from abroad you will need to be certified in an income letter from embassy. If from within Thailand you will have to show contract and tax receipts.

If applying for a 60 day extension of stay based on being married (thai wife), you need to take wife with you to immigration together with marriage certificate, house book (tabian baan) and wife's ID card. Also need copies of passport pages and TM6 card + passport photo. Fee 1900 baht. No financial requirements.

The birth certificate might be accepted to prove relationship with wife during application for the 60 day stay but will not provide any added time that I am aware of (don't believe they will let you alternate without a visa entry between).