Gym In Pattaya To Learn Squat, Dealift, Press, Power Clean Etc

anuban

Just like the title and descriptions say. I am trying to find a Gym in Pattaya to learn Squat, dealift, press, power clean etc. I am not currently in Pattaya, I am up north of BKK, but will be going to pattaya for a while and figured it would be a good place to learn.

I have spent the past year increasing my Cardio (bike rides, stair climber etc), but now I want to get stronger. I am not concerned with hypertrophy but just plain old fashioned strength. Everybody has got different routines and ideas, but I have not found any simple easy to follow workout routines that make sense until I found this book, "Starting Strength, Basic Barbell Training" by Mark Rippetoe.

I am obviously a beginner lifter and these workouts are very simple to follow, I just need a person to help teach me the proper techniques.

Thank you in advance

Anubanbri

Tony's gym on 3rd road have gym instructors, think it was about 200b per hour. The instructors are very experienced lifters in there. The book you have is very good. I think your starting out wisely, form is very important.

Thanks a lot Neil.

I called a whole bunch of gyms and all of their numbers were disconnected or no answer. I emailed Tony's gym a couple of weeks ago and they didn't answer me until just today. Funny coincidence. The email wasn't very detailed but, at least I got a response.

My main thing is that I just want somebody who knows what they are doing and can make sure I do the exercises right. Once I leave Pattaya I'll pretty much be on my own. I did find a tiny little local gym (about 2 Kilo's from my house) that teaches college age kids for competition lifting, but the coach there never has any time. He is always going to meets or getting his kids ready for competition. At least I found a place where I can do the lifting and possibly get a few pointers when the coach has some time.

Tony's gym on 3rd road have gym instructors, think it was about 200b per hour. The instructors are very experienced lifters in there. The book you have is very good. I think your starting out wisely, form is very important.

Thanks a lot Neil.

I called a whole bunch of gyms and all of their numbers were disconnected or no answer. I emailed Tony's gym a couple of weeks ago and they didn't answer me until just today. Funny coincidence. The email wasn't very detailed but, at least I got a response.

My main thing is that I just want somebody who knows what they are doing and can make sure I do the exercises right. Once I leave Pattaya I'll pretty much be on my own. I did find a tiny little local gym (about 2 Kilo's from my house) that teaches college age kids for competition lifting, but the coach there never has any time. He is always going to meets or getting his kids ready for competition. At least I found a place where I can do the lifting and possibly get a few pointers when the coach has some time.

You won't find anyone in Tony's gym able to give you worthwhile instruction in Dead Lifts, squats, press and power cleans. Very few people even do these exercises these days, let alone know the correct technique.

I've been incorporating these movements in my training for the best part of 30 years, so I know a thing or two about them. I started off as an Olympic Weightlifter in my teens and graduated onto powerlifting and bodybuilding. PM me and maybe we can arrange something when you arrive.

Thanks a lot Neil.

You won't find anyone in Tony's gym able to give you worthwhile instruction in Dead Lifts, squats, press and power cleans. Very few people even do these exercises these days, let alone know the correct technique.

I've been incorporating these movements in my training for the best part of 30 years, so I know a thing or two about them. I started off as an Olympic Weightlifter in my teens and graduated onto powerlifting and bodybuilding. PM me and maybe we can arrange something when you arrive.

Your joking right, there is 1 instructor at least 240lbs of muscle. Have you been to Tony's?

Spend some time searching and watching videos on www.Youtube.com.

Lots of good info on there (and some crap info also so don't stop with the first video) and it's free!

Thanks PoeDog. I already have spent time on Youtube and reading books. However, watching and actually doing are quite a bit different. It isn't a bad idea to have a person who knows what they are doing watching you. If I learn the exercise wrong, I'll hurt myself, and that is what I am trying to avoid.

just start light and work your way up..........technique will be achieved overtime not in a few days with an instructor.......as dorian yates said to the kid on his first day in the gym "look at it this way son it dosent get any easier" weight training takes time ..you wont build muscle in a few days.......im 14 year at it now and still progressing in weight.......here is the number 1 rule .........if your lifting to the max train a body part once a week ..no more.....muscle needs time to recouperate........alot of beginners make the mistake of doing the same stuff every time they enter a gym.........