Visa

karlbkk

I have just been to get my visa for 1 year done everything they want jumped the hoops and all they gave me 1 month he was a new guy in there so went back in and so not to lose there thai face told me to come back next month and he will give me 1 year for free hahahahahahaha bet he is not there next month

I guess you are talking about a one year extension ?? Might we all know on what basis you applied for your one year extension. I know that when I apply for my 1 year extension each year based on marriage to a Thai then I only get a month by month extensions while waiting on approval from Bangkok.

mine is the same with a thai wife but i did it 2months ago and was told to come back today with the paper work and i should get it there and then with the cash in the bank. thats what i did paid again and it was there cock up and only got 1 month we will see next month what they do.

mine is the same with a thai wife but i did it 2months ago and was told to come back today with the paper work and i should get it there and then with the cash in the bank. thats what i did paid again and it was there cock up and only got 1 month we will see next month what they do.

Could this question of “the cash in the bank” be the reason for the delay? When you applied two months ago, how much money was there in a bank account in your name? What was the lowest balance in that account during the two months prior to your application? From the official rules, paragraph 2.18:

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an

alien must have an average annual income of not less than

40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank

of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses

within a year.

--

Maestro

The farang helpers only work there two or three days a week. (One of them told me there is a problem with a shortage of volunteers.)

I know several of the volunteers, and they work either 2 (Tuesday/Thursday) or 3 days (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) a week. They are always looking for more volunteers, as people leave for a variety of reasons. A significant factor has been boredom for quite a few months, as numbers visiting Immigration are down significantly. Voluntary work can be fulfilling if you're busy, but not if you're just 'hanging around'.

Tell me about it he wants 25 grand to get you the visa what a ter**** he is there to help us not cost us

I’m one of those volunteers and this “bald” guy is a good friend of mine.

He only informed people which did not qualify the visa criteria that they could ask a visa agency for possible help when applying for a visa.

Those visa agencies charge the customers for there service.

We as volunteers NEVER ask for any money and we would be sacked right away and never would be able again as a volunteer.

It is correct that we don’t work 5 days in the week any more due to shortage of volunteers.

Until we have enough volunteers we are trying to work on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

Tell me about it he wants 25 grand to get you the visa what a ter**** he is there to help us not cost us

I'm one of those volunteers and this "bald" guy is a good friend of mine.

He only informed people which did not qualify the visa criteria that they could ask a visa agency for possible help when applying for a visa.

Those visa agencies charge the customers for there service.

We as volunteers NEVER ask for any money and we would be sacked right away and never would be able again as a volunteer.

It is correct that we don't work 5 days in the week any more due to shortage of volunteers.

Until we have enough volunteers we are trying to work on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

Thank you merijn for clearing that one up; and no, I am NOT the "bald" guy but it seems all too easy to

castigate folk from behind a keyboard with no protection provided from the TV housecarls.

hmm.. *cough* really ??

Please tell me your not so naive ??

Yes really, I and the other volunteers i know will never ask any money. ( I have enough and don't need it :) )

Maybe you can't believe it but there are people in the world who are sincere in what they do.

It happens.. And I fail to believe anyone thats in the service doesnt know when so many expats do (and use it), you would have to have your head deep in the sand.

Visa fun is not the sole preserve of Thailand.

I will be in Philippines 32 days this Xmas, normal tourist visa on entry is for 21 days.

On applying for the FREE 3 month visa, I was asked for $NZ25.00.

No big deal, but seems Filipinos are scammers too.

I will be in Philippines 32 days this Xmas, normal tourist visa on entry is for 21 days.

Of course..

But do they recruit westerners to act as their go betweens ??

Of course..

But do they recruit westerners to act as their go betweens ??

Not in this case this time.

See wot happens next year.