Etihad Airways To Bkk

BKK2509

Has anyone flown with Etihad recently (date now is monday 5/10/09) . I want to go back home for a holiday in April next year. My cousin flew with them and he had to wait for flight connection in Abu Dhabi for nearly 5 hours (that was 3 years ago). Thanks. Sue, London.

My partner went back to Thailand last Saturday (26th Sept), from Manchester with Etihad and had only a 2hr 10min wait at Abu Dhabi. Price was very good too, she arrived here in July and on incoming journey only had 1hr 50min transfer wait. She said they were very good and no problems whatsoever.

Hello.

Myself , my wife and our 16 month year did a return trip to Manchester from Bangkok in July.

There was a big difference in planes with the Man-Abu Dhabi planes being ok, but now where near Emirates standard.

The BKK- Abu Dhabi planes were tops though, along with the crew.

I can only think that Manchester bound/incoming flights were cramped and while the service was ok, they more interested in chatting in back galley. I had to twice serve myself hot water to make my childs milk with.

Stop over is accepted when you buy a ticket and the airport there is ok.

Overall, cannot complain really as it is a very long way.BUT the Asian side was a great deal better than the western side.

88,000 baht a ticket.

I would go with them again.

I took Etihad from Bangkok-->Abu Dhabi-->Munich. No problems at all. I thought it was a great airline. For my ticket, the premium economy class (or whatever Etihad calls it) wasn't much more, and it was definitely worth the money. My layover was also about 2 hours. There's not much to do at the Abu Dhabi airport, but it was ok. At least they had free internet kiosks.

I took Etihad from Bangkok-->Abu Dhabi-->Munich. No problems at all. I thought it was a great airline. For my ticket, the premium economy class (or whatever Etihad calls it) wasn't much more, and it was definitely worth the money. My layover was also about 2 hours. There's not much to do at the Abu Dhabi airport, but it was ok. At least they had free internet kiosks.

I never heard of premium economy with Etihad....just economy or business on offer??

I never heard of premium economy with Etihad....just economy or business on offer??

Well, I was SURE it was premium economy, but I just looked and don't see that class on any of their planes. I've never flown business, so it must have been economy. So, wow! Even more impressive because it felt pretty spacious and much nicer than most economy classes.

I'm flight crew for Etihad. We don't have premium economy. Coral class - economy, Pearl class - business and Diamond - first. I saw one of the posters said he paid 88,000 baht per ticket which would have had to have been business class.

As far as the service being better from BKK, I'm not sure why that was the case as all our crew fly all routes. Most of our connecting times are about 2 hours in AUH.

Newer aircraft arriving all the time so aircraft will be more consistent on all routes.

Have flown BKK/LHR return with Ethihad twice, once in business and most recently in economy - I found business class to be lacking by comparison to say Cathay or Virgin but not bad on a price comparison basis. Economy was, well, economy, same as most I'm afraid, never the best on long haul. Stop overs in the Gulf on long haul are also not good, not enough time to get decent sleep before or after the break but again, it come down to cost. Abu Dhabi airport is not the best in the world but tolerable - stopover the first time was three hours which was nightmarish and just over one hour the second time. I'm pretty sur the next time I travel I will fly direct, altogether a more attractive concept on long haul flights.

Thank you for all replies. I found Etihad airfair (2/10/09) the price for economy was £168 return for next year flight ,by the time I decided to buy it, that price was sold out!!! It's just my luck. I should have bought it right away, but wasn't sure about a transit time tho. Anyway I just bought a ticket with www.tochdown.co.uk for £548 with BA (LHR-BKK) ,well it's better than Thai Airways (£903). Sue

• 4 weeks later...

the eithad website is appalling. so unuseable.

I have finally managed to make a booking but they have the names the wrong way around. Is this an arabic thing?

I went back in and the website had saved my details and I definitely had first name GRAHAM, last name HASLAM the right way around but in the confirmation email it says Haslam Graham.

Any help any one.

I have emailed them but I expect to get no where.

should have booked with Jet Airways

g

the eithad website is appalling. so unuseable.

I have finally managed to make a booking but they have the names the wrong way around. Is this an arabic thing?

I went back in and the website had saved my details and I definitely had first name GRAHAM, last name HASLAM the right way around but in the confirmation email it says Haslam Graham.

Any help any one.

I have emailed them but I expect to get no where.

should have booked with Jet Airways

g

Haha I had the same problem last year! Phone them on 02087592111 took me 5 mins to sort out.

Good luck.