Building Regulations

garycm

The 5 story building in my street is finished and they are renting out.The building is almost full now. They have created some space for bikes ( not much so they park across the street) but no space for cars. So now the narrow street has parked cars and bikes on both sites of the street making it impossible to drive our or any car through ( by the way ours is parked in our car park). Once I heard that the owner of a apartment building has to provide parking space for it's tenants. Complaining doesn't help. I tried.

You'll have to gang up with the other neighbours. Presumably if everyone puts a no parking sign outside their house then the building occupants will have nowhere to park.

Incorrect; a public street is just that "PUBLIC", no individual or Home-Owner/Occupier has any legal rights in this respect.

One can put 100 NO PARKING signs out front, but this is not legally enforcable, believe me, people looking to park their cars are wise to this.

Therefore it's basically a "first-come-first-Park" phenomena.

Only thing is for the entire street to sign a petition and present to City Hall (and at the same time, get it into some news-paper !)

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

• Like 1

You'll have to gang up with the other neighbours. Presumably if everyone puts a no parking sign outside their house then the building occupants will have nowhere to park.

Incorrect; a public street is just that "PUBLIC", no individual or Home-Owner/Occupier has any legal rights in this respect.

One can put 100 NO PARKING signs out front, but this is not legally enforcable, believe me, people looking to park their cars are wise to this.

Therefore it's basically a "first-come-first-Park" phenomena.

Only thing is for the entire street to sign a petition and present to City Hall (and at the same time, get it into some news-paper !)

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

Still I think that that the owner of a apartment building has to provide parking space for it's tenants.If he likes it or not! Most buildings do that.