Poll: Sould Astv Be Closed Down.

jasreeve17

ASTV status.  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whenever I see this:
Firstly about the yellow shirts, no YOU may have seen that I haven't. I saw Red shirts pouring in from the jungle like 2 bit ignorant savages to tear up the capitol last SongKran (of all times) like the burmese of old. I saw Sohndi's car all shot up from a drive by. I did not see Yellow shirts engaged in that sort of mass terrorist action that I have seen with Toxin's bastards.

red-shirt-violence-thailand.jpg

I gotta remind of this:

post-34951-1254923136_thumb.jpgpost-34951-1254923157_thumb.jpg

The yellows are no better than the reds, the difference is in the coverage the media make of the two sides.

Cheerio

To the OP, whatever man you ain't my "mate" and if you don't like my opinion that's a personal problem.

As for Peter, I'm Glad you posted those pictures of the yellow shirts it helps to illustrate my point. Firstly that's a simple air gun the guy has. Secondly look who they support and who supports them. I respect their sponsors more than I respect Toxin. And I would say they are more worthy of that respect as well.

Sorry to interupt your valid debate guys, BUT can I inject a question?,...............OK thanks, The question is;............Is there ANY member on Thaivisa.com that thinks Abhisit is serving the Thai public by keeping so many Thai TV stations under military control?

I voted 'no - for another reason'.

Simple fact is, if it were not for Sondhi and ASTV (and whatever you think of him and his ASTV station) rallying people to gather and oppose the return of Taksin, this odious bloodsucker would be back in the country by now and Thailand would take even longer to get it's long long awaited act together.

FACT OF LIFE. Grow up.

Edited by wilsongbrown

Huey,

I've looked at your other posts, in which you come across as a young spoilt brat... Life experiences will likely be a shock to you in the years to come. I won't be bothering with Huey the Kid, anymore; bye, mate. :)

That one made me really smile :D I never got to be a young spoiled bratt...I got sound ass whuppins from, Pops long before I ever got to be a bratt. But that's neither here nor there. The truth is ,you, at heart, absolutly LOATH my oppinion on this matter and are probably a red shirt sympathiser. But the problem is you can't intelligently debate without making personal attacks on the debater. I never insulted you personally I was just saying how I felt on the issue at hand. Untill you decided to take it back to the shcool yard by attacking me personally and trying to take your ball and go home "i.e. MY Thread" LOL.

Who's the kid again?

crying-baby.jpg

I do like the overalls though...are thouse Oshkosh?

I voted 'no - for another reason'.

Simple fact is, if it were not for Sondhi and ASTV (and whatever you think of him and his ASTV station) rallying people to gather and oppose the return of Taksin, this odious bloodsucker would be back in the country by now and Thailand would take even longer to get it's long long awaited act together.

FACT OF LIFE. Grow up.

Well said, although I may be more colorful in my explanations of it that is the real truth. And I would hate to see a Thailand where "the power that be" has passed away and Toxin comes back to bleed Thailand dry.

Anyone voting Yes: Hope you proclaimed the same when Thaksin took over stations during his reign. And you will ofcourse support closing down of D-station since Phua Thai is very much a political party with Thaksins backing.

Right?

Dee123, ask me in a couple of months, or maybe after Songkran. If Taxsin's Red shirt monkeys don't try to tear up the capitol and murder people again then I would say yes.

No problem ,you take as long as you like.

Edited by dee123

Sorry to interupt your valid debate guys, BUT can I inject a question?,...............OK thanks, The question is;............Is there ANY member on Thaivisa.com that thinks Abhisit is serving the Thai public by keeping so many Thai TV stations under military control?

No time limit :)

Edited by dee123

Anyone voting Yes: Hope you proclaimed the same when Thaksin took over stations during his reign. And you will ofcourse support closing down of D-station since Phua Thai is very much a political party with Thaksins backing.

Right?

I would. I complained non-stop about MrT's meddling with the media. Consistency is key...

Politically controlled media is a massive problem: look at Russia, and Putin's 'new nationalism'. They're even re-writing the history books with Stalin as a hero who brought the good times, and never killed anyone... :) This week the state are using stalin's grandson to silence non-state controlled media; through the state controlled law courts for saying that Stalin was involved with mass murder... According to Putin's new world, these things never happened... Nationalism, very similar to Sondhi and ASTV (many Thai politicians use the card, to be fair, but not to Sondhi's disgraceful level...), is an awful path to tread.

And the Red Tv channel, or is that not included in political channels according to you?

That's a trickier one because if ASTV stays up then banning the redTV channel looks more and more polarized.

Obviously, redTV was a political channel controlled by politicians and gathering the masses for a proposed revolution, so I can understand why the government wouldn't want that up and running... (but I sympathize with the red shirt position; not nice to be kicked out by a coup when your an elected government...)

But, BUT, I don't accept banning redTV, keeping ASTV up and the army controlling the rest... It's all farked up. My ideals would have no redTV, but my ideals would have consistency and fairness built in too; independantly owned and run TV channels across the board. Or, you follow the american model and allow polarized extremist political propaganda channels from all political quarters, and call them news stations.

It's all vanilla. If I went to Svensens, who offered, 100 choices of ice-cream, and asked what flavours were available:

'Well, Sir, there's vanilla as today's special. I'd recommend the vanilla.'

'What else do you have?'

'We have vanilla, also.'

'I don't fancy vanilla today, what else, you said you have 100 varies of ice-cream...'

'We have 98 other varieties, Sir: vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, vanilla......'

That may look like 'choice' to some, but it doesn't to me. This is how Thailand will be if the red shirts are crushed. IMO this was the joint goal of the army, Prem, Dems and PAD.

And the Red Tv channel, or is that not included in political channels according to you?

That's a trickier one because if ASTV stays up then banning the redTV channel looks more and more polarized.

Obviously, redTV was a political channel controlled by politicians and gathering the masses for a proposed revolution, so I can understand why the government wouldn't want that up and running... (but I sympathize with the red shirt position; not nice to be kicked out by a coup when your an elected government...)

But, BUT, I don't accept banning redTV, keeping ASTV up and the army controlling the rest... It's all farked up. My ideals would have no redTV, but my ideals would have consistency and fairness built in too; independantly owned and run TV channels across the board. Or, you follow the american model and allow polarized extremist political propaganda channels from all political quarters, and call them news stations.

It's all vanilla. If I went to Svensens, who offered, 100 choices of ice-cream, and asked what flavours were available:

'Well, Sir, there's vanilla as today's special. I'd recommend the vanilla.'

'What else do you have?'

'We have vanilla, also.'

'I don't fancy vanilla today, what else, you said you have 100 varies of ice-cream...'

'We have 98 other varieties, Sir: vanilla, vanilla, vanilla, vanilla......'

That may look like 'choice' to some, but it doesn't to me. This is how Thailand will be if the red shirts are crushed. IMO this was the joint goal of the army, Prem, Dems and PAD.

Can you give any recent examples where the people you outline have attempted to silence any red shirt publication/broadcast?

In my country (new Zealand)to TV station are very highly controlled. In fact to get a licnese is itself almost imposibble and any type of bad taste or political bias of an extreme nature would have it taken off the air permently. Each station has a strict ratio of how much time they allow for each polictical party and it has to be totally equal or the Media watchdog while charge them with some offense.

maybe new zealand and other western countries could learn about democracy and unbiased free press from Thailand

Insight, you're joking right?

This group has systematically broken down the red shirt voice from MrT down:

It started with a coup, taking all pro MrT voices out of the government, judicary and senior beauocracy positions. Clamping down on websites and other means of free speech, putting / threatening to put activists and academics in prison (like the high profile Chula professor; obviously a bad man for writing 'a coup for the rich'...), marshall law in provinces considered red, ISOC intimidating the press, DTV being closed... basically creating nationalistic ferver and symbolism to clamp down on any voices that down fall in-line... If you can't see this, it's because you don't want to see it.

It must be vanilla.

One of the first things Abhisit did as PM was to grant ISOC bundles of cash to 're-educate the northern areas (pro MrT areas) on what democracy means' to use their words...

It must be vanilla.

Reminds me of Mr. Berlusconi, who most probably still has a share in hundreds of Italian TV stations....

It is also unethical that a sentanced guy like Thoxin can publicly talk to his followers in the centre of Bangkok.

Well, what should think about it? TiT...after all I do not care, just want to have a quiet and safe life, like 99 % of all Thais I know.

Reminds me of Mr. Berlusconi, who most probably still has a share in hundreds of Italian TV stations....

It is also unethical that a sentanced guy like Thoxin can publicly talk to his followers in the centre of Bangkok.

Well, what should think about it? TiT...after all I do not care, just want to have a quiet and safe life, like 99 % of all Thais I know.

MrB would give the local guys a run for their money...

I wonder who owns the ItalThai group... (okay I checked: Premchai...)

Insight, you're joking right?

This group has systematically broken down the red shirt voice from MrT down:

It started with a coup, taking all pro MrT voices out of the government, judicary and senior beauocracy positions. Clamping down on websites and other means of free speech, putting / threatening to put activists and academics in prison (like the high profile Chula professor; obviously a bad man for writing 'a coup for the rich'...),

I remember that. I did say recent.

marshall law in provinces considered red,

When was that?

ISOC intimidating the press,

Any examples?

DTV being closed...

That's after the chaos that was Songkran when Thaksin wanted his "revolution" ?

Dropped the remaining bit of post as the forum software won't allow it, and it all appeared to be very general and not referencing any specific recent event.

Anyhow, do you remember how the PAD got started?

All the points I've mentioned are true Insight.

Tell me how ASTV get started then. I have an idea, but I didn't build any interest in them til they started taking to the streets.

Another point, DSTV was banned, permanently.

ASTV was on air doing exactly the same as DSTV through 3 PM's. They're both propaganda channels that preached violence to get rid of the PM in power. One was allowed by the army because it helped them steal money and power, one wasn't...

It's all vanilla...