Booking Air Asia Online...

arkom

I booked an AirAsia flight for my friend and selected no checked baggage and no insurance option, at the screen where youenter the billing information there is a option for existing customers to log in so you don't have to enter it again. After logging on was directed to page another page to enter credit card info, after processing everything was confirmed and they got a confirmation email, only to find out that the checked baggage and insurance was automatic reset to the original settings of 1 bag 15 kg at ฿150 and insurance for ฿250.

Did I miss something? Was I supposed to select the no checked baggage and no insurance option again or did they pull a quick one to get more money?

It's a little tricky as the default is set as those charges. If you backtrack on the site they reset and if you don't pay attention, you get charged. Make sure you are the benificiary on the insurance, just in case.

Edited by mmcsusnret

It's a little tricky as the default is set as those charges. If you backtrack on the site they reset and if you don't pay attention, you get charged. Make sure you are the benificiary on the insurance, just in case.

So if I understand correctly, after logging they don't remember your original selections and I would need to reselect everything? Sounds like quick way to make and extra buck for the unsuspecting!

Now I'll be extra careful next time I book.

Bingo. The advantage is that if you log in you only have to select it one time, and you must deselect the default to avoid the charge. If you back up you need to check everything again, to avoid surprises. A low budget airline trick, but keep track of the charges on the right before you enter the CC info.

I booked an AirAsia flight for my friend and selected no checked baggage and no insurance option, at the screen where youenter the billing information there is a option for existing customers to log in so you don't have to enter it again. After logging on was directed to page another page to enter credit card info, after processing everything was confirmed and they got a confirmation email, only to find out that the checked baggage and insurance was automatic reset to the original settings of 1 bag 15 kg at ฿150 and insurance for ฿250.

Did I miss something? Was I supposed to select the no checked baggage and no insurance option again or did they pull a quick one to get more money?

:) BEWARE AND BE CAREFUL :D WHEN BOOKING ON-LINE WITH AIRASIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

one NEVER GET WHAT YOU BOOK FOR.

i had a similar experience a while ago and i ended up booking AIRASIA ON LINE for a different flight and at a higher price.

WORST, :D AIRASIA :D DOES NOT REPLY , it seems, TO ANY QUERIES ON-LINE even though the have a website for that. :D

:D i believe many others have problems with AIRASIA when booking on-line. :D

financially, AIRASIA APPEARS TO BE IN TROUBLE as they are cutting back on new plane orders and over-reaching to many new destinations .

passengers appear to be guinea pigs on their planes each time one flies with them '

it is really a low budget airline with all the low budget staff.

pay your staff peanuts and you get all sorts of monkeys conducting your business off-line or on-line :D

that appears to be AIRASIA...... :P !!!!!!!!!!

So if I understand correctly, after logging they don't remember your original selections and I would need to reselect everything? Sounds like quick way to make and extra buck for the unsuspecting!

Now I'll be extra careful next time I book.

YES, IT IS TRICK TO MAKE BIG BUCKS - THAT'S AIRASIA!!!!!!

YES, BE SURE THE INSURANCE IS IN YOUR NAME.

YES, BE SURE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT FLIGHT.

YES, BE SURE THE PRICE IS RIGHT FOR YOUR FLIGHT.

VERY TRICKY AIRLINE LIKE TRICKY DICKIE OF USA BEFORE!!!!!!! :)

:D

Great airline and I highly recommend them for short hauls. :)

Yep, never had a problem with them. Better than some of the biggies... in particular one with the same initials :D

I have never had any problems withn air asia and use them frequently.

I did have a problem similar to this with another airline in the uk jet2.

I was traveling hand luggage only but it insisted on charging me for one hold bag, So not only air asia.

Caught me out too on my last booking, but in their defense should have realized prior to hitting the purchase button. Won't happen again mind you! :)

I've had the same problem.

Their web site like many others, has been designed by geeks who have no clear understanding of 'customer service', it's flawed and isn't as easy to negotiate as it should be ..and it is always necessary to double-check everything.

I've had good results telephoning customer service. Talk to a supervisor, some of them

( usually the females ) know what they are doing.

However, as previously noted, it is an inexpensive good short haul airline.

Edited by BNZ

• 2 weeks later...