Step To Purchase A Condo On Freehold?

Hi, what is the steps exactly with the bank to purchase a condo in freehold in Thailand for a foreigner please? Sorry if someone asked this question before.

Thanks a lot! :)

There is indeed lots and lots of info on this - The funds for a foreign owned condo purchase needs to come in from outside of Thailand - forget a mortgage - unless of course you are putting this in a Thai partners name, in which case you can buy, but not own the condo.

You really really need to work out how to use the search facility.

When you instruct your foreign bank to transfer the money to your Thai bank they should do it in your own currency and state the reason for transfer is "To purchase a condo."

Go to your Thai bank and ask for a Foreign Exchange Transfer Form (FETF) to cover the amount of the incoming foreign funds. Your bank may ask you for a copy of the sales contract for the condo.

Get a bankers draft from your Thai bank made out in the name of the OWNER of the condo you're purchasing.

That's about all your banks need to get involved in.

I used an english speaking housing agent when purchasing my first condo. He assisted me in all the procedures and documentation.

I can recommend him to you for such a service and you only need to pay him a nominal fee for the service.

Service will cover banking procedures, documentations from condo owner and juristic office, sales and purchase agreement, and during title transfer at the Land office.

PM me if you are interested.

Edited by trogers