Us Citizenship For Baby Born In Thailand...

ASHTONITE

with the assumption that at least one parent is a u.s. citizen, at the moment--there is really not much you can do except chatting with the window rep at the embassy....

after baby is born, get all your official doc and all properly translated and certified paper together with the lovely mom and the baby.... for a face to face chat with consulate officers....

fill out the correct form at the consulate....

whether or not you need a dna is subject to officers' judgment....

also there are others already posted info appearing recently herewithin which can lessen a new father's anxiety.... lol

requirements could have been augmented since last year, best to chat with one of the charming ladies behind the glass panel....

congrats....

Edited by nakachalet

wife is due in April... I dont really want to go to the USA just to have the baby and then come back. Anyone have any experience?

--A

Just contact the US Consul in Chiang Mai, they can tell you how to do the whole process with them in Chiang Mai, assuming one parent is a US citizen. Relax, you have time, it is best done some months after the baby is born (even a year or more has been ok) because you must take the child with you. You do not need to go to the Embassy.

Had my twin boys registered for birth abroad at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok a couple of years ago (My wife is Thai). It's a bit of a process but it's not difficult. Go to the Embassy's website for more info.

Now my boys have a U.S.A passport and a Thai passport. Wish I did.

Edited by prism