Snap Shot Photo Comp #1 Is

Kan Win

Hi Guys,

I am willing to give it a shot : )

I am new to (Photo) forrum.

Here is something that I think brought a good amount of smile today, from what I saw at least. 1st Photo This is a snapshot, unfortunatley the distance played a huge factor. 2nd Phot this is a snapshot, very little distance involved.All of these photos were taken very qucikly with a P&S method, if that is the correct languge to use.

1st Photo "USAF Thunderbirds", performing @ Don Meung Airport Bangkok, Thailand

(Picture taken zoomed all the way in)

2nd Photo "Wat Rhong Khun", located in Chiang Rai, Thailand

(Picture taken zoomed all the way out)

Both Photos Using the Camera indicated Below, On an AUTO setting.

Camera: Canon Powershot SD780 IS Digital Elph

Comments, oppinions wanted.

Don't worry I won't quit my day job : )

I like the look of the Wat Rhong Khun - looks an amazingly ornate temple. Quite incredible really. Thanks for sharing this one.

Maybe the next time (if there is one) you might consider stepping back a little to get the full image reflected in the water (and less sky)

p.s. I think this is probably the correct colour eh? (no PP allowed though aaargh)

Edited by The Vulcan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In-camera processing" and "straight out of the camera" can both apply to a single JPG photo. It is normal to tweak the manufacturers default settings, for example to produce colour that satisfies your sensibilities. This is in-camera processing. Then you take the shot and it is then "straight out of the camera". Even beginners should be encouraged to play with the settings in the camera to experiment and see how things like saturation and contrast changes can effect a photo. This is how you learn.

I agree, in camera processing should be allowed,

in fact I consider it essential.

My Canon 40D was quite disappointing until I tweaked the settings. :)

Post processing is another matter.

Straight out of the camera encourages newcomers to consider framing,

lighting, depth of field etc, which are the first steps to a good photograph.

"In-camera processing" and "straight out of the camera" can both apply to a single JPG photo. It is normal to tweak the manufacturers default settings, for example to produce colour that satisfies your sensibilities. This is in-camera processing. Then you take the shot and it is then "straight out of the camera". Even beginners should be encouraged to play with the settings in the camera to experiment and see how things like saturation and contrast changes can effect a photo. This is how you learn.

My Canon 40D was quite disappointing until I tweaked the settings. :D

Sure I agree also. :D I did not realise that it meant "in-camera processing" :) Was things of something else....

Silly really to call it that 'lordsux' without an explanation, like 'hughden' gave us :D

The camera is yours for goodness sake and the setting are your own. No one asked to take photos in the 'factory setting' nor 'manufacturers default settings' did one 'lordsux' :D and most certainly not a photo 'straight out of the box either'. :P

Post processing should only be cropping and re-sizing down the size of the photo to my thinking. :D If the photo is not straight then take one that is. :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

My Canon 40D was quite disappointing until I tweaked the settings. :D

Sure I agree also. :D I did not realise that it meant "in-camera processing" :) Was things of something else....

Silly really to call it that 'lordsux' without an explanation, like 'hughden' gave us :D

The camera is yours for goodness sake and the setting are your own. No one asked to take photos in the 'factory setting' nor 'manufacturers default settings' did one 'lordsux' :D and most certainly not a photo 'straight out of the box either'. :P

Post processing should only be cropping and re-sizing down the size of the photo to my thinking. :D If the photo is not straight then take one that is. :D

Yours truly,

You embarrass only yourself with posts like this. Grow up.

Yes you are correct. :D What was I thinking when I posted that........ Oh well life goes on. :)

Yours truly,

Win in Bangkok :D

Yes you are correct. :D What was I thinking when I posted that........ Oh well life goes on. :)

Yours truly,

Win in Bangkok :D

Hi 'watutsi',

Could you explain a bit more please about your post, as I have lost the plot :D

Yours truly,

Grow up.

Well, I am 'a Amateur Photographer', 60 years old. I am still learning and growing up in the 'field of photos and arts'.

Thanking you for reminding me of that. :D

Yours as always,

Win :)

Edited by Kan Win

^

And maybe 'lordsux' also could help out.

Thanking you all :D

Yours truly,

Win in Bangkok :)

Help out with what exactly? :D I can't really help that you've lost the plot, if that's what you meant? Very cryptic indeed.

Edited by lordsux

Grow up.

Well, I am 'a Amateur Photographer', 60 years old. I am still learning and growing up in the 'field of photos and arts'.

Yours as always,

Keep digging Kan Win keep digging.

And what do you mean by this post..'watutsi'

You have a very short memory, please read your post below:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Images-Forum-t298698.html

Hope I helped you in one way or another to post your linked photos on ThaiVisaDotCom :D

Yours truly,

Your Moderator on this forum :D by the way :D

Edited by Kan Win

Grow up.

Yours as always,

Keep digging Kan Win keep digging.

And what do you mean by this post..'watutsi'

You have a very short memory, please read your post below:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Images-Forum-t298698.html

Hope I helped you in one way or another to post your linked photos on ThaiVisaDotCom :D

Yours truly,

Your Moderator on this forum :D by the way :D

Thankyou for helping me with that problem. In this case acting like a functioning moderator

However i feel it is an abuse of your position to single out a member of your forum

and continually subject him to snide and insulting remarks.The reasons for this baffle

me as this particular member has been one of the main supporters of the sub-forum that

you moderate.

If this had been happening between two forum members you are the person supposedly appointed to

censure the guilty party !!!

The "digging" post is referring to the fact that you appeared to apoligise for the remarks

you made then almost immediately started digging yourself back into the hole you had just

apologised your way out of.

However i feel it is an abuse of your position to single out a member of your forum

and continually subject him to snide and insulting remarks.The reasons for this baffle

me as this particular member has been one of the main supporters of the sub-forum that

you moderate.

If this had been happening between two forum members you are the person supposedly appointed to

censure the guilty party !!!

The "digging" post is referring to the fact that you appeared to apoligise for the remarks

you made then almost immediately started digging yourself back into the hole you had just

apologised your way out of.

No doubt this will be slammed for discussing moderation issues, when in fact it has nothing to do with moderation. Others have also noted that myself and my ideas seem to attract special attention, usually followed by some peculiar decision making. I abide by the rules and have tried to contribute in a positive way to this sub-forum and should not really be a target for this harrasment that started at the same time my challenge concept started 9 months ago. I have learnt to ignore this special attention I receive, but it is getting tedious having to put up with it so long.