Farangs With No Visa.

pop3

I was surprised to hear from a friend the other day that his visa had ran out and he was not going to bother to renew it as he was no longer in the financial position to do so.

He went on to say he knew of 4 other farangs down pattaya beach road who also had not bothered to obtain a visa for the same financial reasons. looks like a sign of the times. :D

Probably because their priority is spending 1/4 or more then their monthly income or other in Chang... :):D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been living here 11 years now and never been asked for my passport (apart from hotels where I show my driving license). I know a guy who lived 3 years without a visa as he simply couldn’t afford it. He got by just fine keeping a low profile, but sorted it out last year (they fined him the maximum fee as he exited Thailand to sort his visa, but no other repercussions).

Seems like there is a lot of people out there who have been here a week or two and know all the rules. A pal of mine just exited the LOS, two months ago, for the first time in 42 (forty two) years...no visa.... had to get a new passport and all the rest of the crap that goes with it. Paid the max 20,000 Baht fine and was back in a couple of days with all the necessary paperwork....no problems. :D I have only been here 30 years this time not long enough to know all the rules, first arrived here before Pattaya was even on the map. :)

Seems like there is a lot of people out there who have been here a week or two and know all the rules. A pal of mine just exited the LOS, two months ago, for the first time in 42 (forty two) years...no visa.... had to get a new passport and all the rest of the crap that goes with it. Paid the max 20,000 Baht fine and was back in a couple of days with all the necessary paperwork....no problems. :D I have only been here 30 years this time not long enough to know all the rules, first arrived here before Pattaya was even on the map. :)

wow 42 years is a long time ago....did Thailand issue visas in them days? Was Thailand even Thailand then. :D

I know a couple of beggars who never bother with visas and they never get hassled.

It's quite sad really. There are more down and out farangs than you'd think. Many of them have psycological problems and should obviously be in some kind of treatment. They're most likely never going to get 'home' unless someone helps them. The Thai police doesn't seem to care about them, probably because as they have no money, there;s no bribe to be had and it's just too much of a hassle bringing them in.

I know a couple of beggars who never bother with visas and they never get hassled.

It's quite sad really. There are more down and out farangs than you'd think. Many of them have psycological problems and should obviously be in some kind of treatment. They're most likely never going to get 'home' unless someone helps them. The Thai police doesn't seem to care about them, probably because as they have no money, there;s no bribe to be had and it's just too much of a hassle bringing them in.

I would believe that. Twice while waiting for a connecting flight in Suvarnaboomcrash airport I've seen these sad fellows. The authorities came by and took photos, but in the 6 hours I was waiting there never once was anybody to help them. I just sat quietly and read my book, and watched what was going on. One guy was sipping from an almost empty whiskey bottle and I could smell him from 10 feet away. He had long whiskers and obviously hadn't been clean in a long while.

If anyone feels that big lotto win wedge is dribbling throuh their fingas like fairy gold

They can deposit it with one of the most succesful finacial organisations in Asia

aka my wife Khunying revolving credit

Fully conversant with derivitives ,post endogenous growth and arcane economc magic she can make even my tontine vanish.

Then occasionally when passing some food stall and Ive left the ATM ard folisly in the wheels she will produce a fan of big neatly arrnged notes

I know your thinking why should I send it RJ in an enevope marked "T-money" when I could give to my own sweet Doxy?

She promise not to spend all of it well not today well only a bit as she hasnt put the bite on e with those come to bank eyes for a couple of hours

All in all rather than phoney ID and cash a spare wife is probably a wiser investment like the Malays

Good night boys and girls

Edited by RubbaJohnny