Refused Again!

GF was refused again!

The reason was he didnt think i have enough money to support her.

I have £2000 savings in my account how much more do i need. So p$ssed off i cant explain.

GF thinks that if i go over again as quick as possible get married in thailand this will improve our chances?

what do you all think?

Should i reapply straight after that?

i just dont know what to do for the best! :o:D

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking about whether it was open today or not, as it's a bank holiday. Call me paranoid but check it out Big Spuds.

Also, though not following all your postins I see you have worked hard to get all the requirements right and still being refused, could you not take this up with a higher authority than the British Embassy staff in Thailand, perhaps your local MP could help push things along? Anyway, just a thought from what I read on another website.

It does seem strange that she has had her interview on a day that the embassy is closed!

BS, you say

The reason was he didnt think i have enough money to support her.

I have £2000 savings in my account how much more do i need.

Is this all? What about your income? Normally the amount of savings a sponser has is only relevent if the sponsers net income is very low.

Why don't you give the embassy a quick call and ask them the problem directly, take matters a bit more into your own hands.

Also, am I right in thinking your the same poster who thought their gf got refused for an interview last time and she didn't go? It might be worth checking with them to see if they did have interviews today.

Have to agree it seems unusual that they would make exceptions for interviews on their bank holiday day off.

British Embassy in Bangkok is definitely closed today - I spoke to the Consular section last Thursday afternoon and they specifically reminded me that they would be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. They reopen again tomorrow morning.

I drove past it today and it also looked fairly closed :o

income is 18k per year
Then, assuming you provided proof of this, I cannot understand why they would refuse her on financial grounds. Unless your outgoings are £17999pa!

BS, I'm sorry, but something is beginning to smell fishy here. Ask her to send you the exact wording of the refusal notice.

Edited by GU22

Spoke to GF about embassy, she said when she got there she thought it was closed too. Once inside she said there was only about 10 girls in there and they were all for pre arranged interviews. she said the embassy was closed for everything else. She said she will fax me the refusal letter now if i dont believe her, but i cant get to a fax until wednesday.

Spoke to GF about embassy, she said when she got there she thought it was closed too. Once inside she said there was only about 10 girls in there and they were all for pre arranged interviews. she said the embassy was closed for everything else. She said she will fax me the refusal letter now if i dont believe her, but i cant get to a fax until wednesday.

I suppose it is possible that they opened up just for 10 interviews. :o

BS, tell her you that you do believe her, but you want the refusal notice so you can sort out what to do next.

BS,

I would suggest, as other posters have done, that the embassy was closed today. When it's closed it's closed: they don't open for pre-arranged interviews as they wouldn't arrange them for a known day off.

I'm sorry, mate, but it does sound as if your g/f just doesn't want to come to the UK. I may be wrong but ask to see the refusal notice and contact the embassy with the reference number which will be quoted on it. If you find that this relates to another person or is non-existent then you've got your answer.

Scouse.

yeah have done shes faxing it to me wednesday, i have sent a email to my MP and will be appealing. GF says he said if we get married in thailand there should be no problem next time. This does not change my finances!?!.

I'm getting f***ed off all this embassy crap. :o

GF says he said if we get married in thailand there should be no problem next time. This does not change my finances!?!.

Exactly! An application on the basis of marriage also requires you to show that you can support her. So if they've refused a visa on the basis of lack of finances they're not going to then say that if you are married your g/f will get the visa. In my own personal experience, also, a visa officer would/should never give an indication of the likely success of an application.

I hope I'm wrong but I think she's stringing you along, mate.

Scouse.

Hi Big Spuds

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Regarding your idea as to coming over to marry your girlfriend and then re-applying. I am not sure if it has changed, but the British Embassy used to have what they called a cooling off period between getting married and accepting applications for a visa. From what I remember it was 3 months. Maybe Scouser can verify or not.

Hope everything works out for you.

I concur with Scouser, the financial requirements for a spouse visa are exactly the same as for a fiance visa. If they've refused one, they will not grant the other unless there has been some significant change in circumstances.

BS, patience. Do nothing until you have the fax of the refusal notice.

As far as I'm aware there is no 'cooling off period.' Certainly wasn't in my case as my wife's visa was issued shortly after our marriage. However, you do have to satisfy the ECO that the marriage and relationship are both genuine.

Edited by GU22

every one is getting me paranoid now.

From what it sounds like is that the GF is on the bus back to pattaya, she is getting close to tears that i dont believe she has gone, after i have told her what every one has said about the embassy being closed. She wants to send me the refusal letter today so she can prove she has been, but i cant get to a fax.

All she ever talks about is coming to the UK so i know she wants to come.

confused!!!!

Get her to go to an internet cafe in Pattaya and scan the refusal notice and e-mail it to you. Without wishing to be a cynic, could she be close to tears because of all the days she chose to pretend to go to the embassy it was a bank holiday? And one which most people in Thailand would not have any knowledge of, it being a Christian celebration.

Scouse.

i did mention the fact it was a bank holiday when she told me her interview date she said she knew nothing about this day being a holiday and said that that was the day she was told to go. She did say the embassy was closed for everything else.

And maybe all she ever talks about to her American boyfriend is how much she wants to live in the States!

BS, are you sending her money?

Sorry to be blunt, mate, but we all know that after the tearful farewell in the departure lounge, some girls go straight to arrivals to meet the next mug!

All conjecture on my part, of course.

BS, you need to see the refusal notice before taking any further action!

Edited by GU22

And maybe all she ever talks about to her American boyfriend is how much she wants to live in the States!

BS, are you sending her money?

Sorry to be blunt, mate, but we all know that after the tearful farewell in the departure lounge, some girls go straight to arrivals to meet the next mug!

All conjecture on my part, of course.

BS, you need to see the refusal notice before taking any further action!

Course she's crying - one of her monthly streams of income is about to be cut off.

BS - sorry to say this but women can turn on the tears at will. Tears mean nothing.

BRITISH EMBASSY BANGKOK – PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2005

The Embassy will be closed on the following public holidays in 2005:

Monday 3 January New Year’s Day (in lieu of Sat 1 Jan)

Friday 25 March Good Friday

Monday 28 March Easter

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday 13 April

14 April

15 April Songkran Festival

Songkran Festival

Songkran Festival

Monday 23 May Wisakhabucha Day (in lieu of Sun 22 May)

Friday 22 July Buddhist Lent Day

Friday 12 August HM Queen’s Birthday

Monday 24 October Chulalongkorn Day (in lieu of Sun 23 Oct)

Monday 5 December HM King’s Birthday

Monday 26 December Christmas Day

Tuesday 27 December Boxing Day

Wednesday 28 December Christmas Privilege Holiday

Call the embassy on +66 2 305 8333 and you'll hear their 'closed for easter' message.

Unlikely they'd open up for a few girls interviews UNLESS they have some massive backlog.

Can't we get an embassy rep on here...

Pedro

BS,

I can say with 99.9% certainty that no interviews will have been conducted at the British embassy today. OK, you can hold on to the belief that there's 0.1% of a chance that she was interviewed but, more likely, she's deliberately misleading you and you then have to wonder why..........

Scouse.

cooling off period between getting married and accepting applications for a visa. From what I remember it was 3 months

Its not a 'cooling off period' - (that makes it sound like Consumer Credit regulations for Hire Purchase or a Time Share)

The 3 months is simply the waiting time to get the settlement interview after you ask for the appointment. Obviously you have to be married at that time of application.

Moog

ps A girl from Pattaya going to Embassy with no prior immigration record and a series of refusals has slim chance of success. The only way IMHO you'll succeed is if you are alongside. (Or after marriage). Good luck

Edited by The_Moog