Refused Again!

as we submitted the application tuesday and the embassy was shut after for some days (i think it opened today not sure) was told to expect a reply by post within 5 - 10 working days. Should a short interview surfice then she could go at her leisure. If a long interview was required 10 -12 weeks. The sign said Next avaialable interview date 7.7.5. So its just a wait........................... :o

Yes when she gets it i will be returning ASAP of course ...ive waited long enough.

make sure she gets the date right :D

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe its a blessing in disguise ???

read stickman !

FROM STICKMAN'S EMAIL INBOX

How important is the farang hubby?

Have a friend who married a Thai in the U.S., though he didn't bring her over. She'd recently divorced the guy who did. What an unmitigated disaster! Rumours, though unsubstantiated, were rife that she had a history of working the naughty bars in Pattaya. Knowing a good thing when she sees one, not long after the nuptials she began drinking like a fish, disappearing for days on end despite having an infant child, and gambling away a substantial amount - another rumour claimed over $100,000 - of his savings. Though I realize this is an extreme example, I'm aware of other Thai-Farang marriages in the States that, sadly, are in comparable situations. I've noticed the loyalties of Thai women living abroad follow this pattern: first, money, next, their Thai girlfriends living nearby, their family in Thailand, their Thai children, the King and Queen, the family dog back home, the Thai lottery, and lastly, their farang husband and family. It's a shame to say, but 90% of the girls I've seen overseas apparently left their "Thainess" at Don Muang before boarding the plane. So one word of advice to anyone thinking of bringing the "girl of his dreams" back to Farangland - DON'T! And if you do, don't be surprised if she turns into the "girl of your nightmares".

as we submitted the application tuesday and the embassy was shut after for some days (i think it opened today not sure) was told to expect a reply by post within 5 - 10 working days. Should a short interview surfice then she could go at her leisure. If a long interview was required 10 -12 weeks. The sign said Next avaialable interview date 7.7.5. So its just a wait........................... :o

Yes when she gets it i will be returning ASAP of course ...ive waited long enough.

make sure she gets the date right :D

BS you said 1-5 days in your 1st post after returning............now 1t is 5-10 days!!!

You should take lessons from your GF on fibbing......... :D

You would attract far less cynacism and criticism if there was just a little consitency to your posts. :D

IMHO you would have got the short interview on the spot if she was going to get one. So be prepared for the long wait and her crying phone call saying REFUSED AGAIN!!!!! :D:D

read stickman !

Have a friend who married a Thai in the U.S., though he didn't bring her over.  She'd recently divorced the guy who did.  What an unmitigated disaster!  Rumours, though unsubstantiated, were rife that she had a history of working the naughty bars in Pattaya.  Knowing a good thing when she sees one, not long after the nuptials she began drinking like a fish, disappearing for days on end despite having an infant child, and gambling away a substantial amount - another rumour claimed over $100,000 - of his savings.  Though I realize this is an extreme example, I'm aware of other Thai-Farang marriages in the States that, sadly, are in comparable situations.  I've noticed the loyalties of Thai women living abroad follow this pattern: first, money, next, their Thai girlfriends living nearby, their family in Thailand, their Thai children, the King and Queen, the family dog back home, the Thai lottery, and lastly, their farang husband and family.  It's a shame to say, but 90% of the girls I've seen overseas apparently left their "Thainess" at Don Muang before boarding the plane.  So one word of advice to anyone thinking of bringing the "girl of his dreams" back to Farangland - DON'T!  And if you do, don't be surprised if she turns into the "girl of your nightmares".

once again stickman cheers up the day.............

:o

read stickman !

Have a friend who married a Thai in the U.S., though he didn't bring her over.  She'd recently divorced the guy who did.  What an unmitigated disaster!  Rumours, though unsubstantiated, were rife that she had a history of working the naughty bars in Pattaya.  Knowing a good thing when she sees one, not long after the nuptials she began drinking like a fish, disappearing for days on end despite having an infant child, and gambling away a substantial amount - another rumour claimed over $100,000 - of his savings.  Though I realize this is an extreme example, I'm aware of other Thai-Farang marriages in the States that, sadly, are in comparable situations.  I've noticed the loyalties of Thai women living abroad follow this pattern: first, money, next, their Thai girlfriends living nearby, their family in Thailand, their Thai children, the King and Queen, the family dog back home, the Thai lottery, and lastly, their farang husband and family.  It's a shame to say, but 90% of the girls I've seen overseas apparently left their "Thainess" at Don Muang before boarding the plane.  So one word of advice to anyone thinking of bringing the "girl of his dreams" back to Farangland - DON'T!  And if you do, don't be surprised if she turns into the "girl of your nightmares".

Who made Stickman the expert ? He's been here but a few short years...

The above tirade is just an unsubstansiated story and at best a wild generalisation.

"I've noticed the loyalties of Thai women living abroad follow this pattern: first, money, next, their Thai girlfriends living nearby, their family in Thailand, their Thai children, the King and Queen, the family dog back home, the Thai lottery, and lastly, their farang husband and family"

This is utter crap. My wife & mother of my child puts that little kid above everything else as do most mothers anywhere in the world.

It has to be said though - anyone marrying a woman after knowing her for a few weeks is a fool - you wouldn't do it at home & shouldn't do it here. This has nothing to do with Thailand - more to do with guys thinking with their dicks.

Big Spuds seems to have known his girlfriend for a while - so we'll see how it plays out. I wish him well.

read stickman !

:D I'm actually amused by these things now... :o

I found that most of these cliched comments stereotyping thai women came from women upset that they were stealing available men.

With divorce rates as they are in the States why should there be surprise at anyone divorcing? Most sarcastic comments I received when living in UK all came from women. :o

Judging purely from looking at his site (never met the guy) he seems to be quite knowledgeable about english teaching and the naughty nightlife.Enough said perhaps :o Maybe a pinnacle of greatness for some, but a complete load of insignificant rubbish for others.

Judging purely from looking at his site (never met the guy) he seems to be quite knowledgeable about english teaching and the naughty nightlife.Enough said perhaps :o Maybe a pinnacle of greatness for some, but a complete load of insignificant rubbish for others.

Well - if Teaching English & frequenting Nana Plaza is where he learnt about Thai culture - it explains a lot

Judging purely from looking at his site (never met the guy) he seems to be quite knowledgeable about english teaching and the naughty nightlife.Enough said perhaps :D Maybe a pinnacle of greatness for some, but a complete load of insignificant rubbish for others.

Well - if Teaching English & frequenting Nana Plaza is where he learnt about Thai culture - it explains a lot

very true :o

read stickman !

FROM STICKMAN'S EMAIL INBOXHow important is the farang hubby?

Look closely - its not Stickmans comment but an e-mail from one of his readers.

read stickman !

FROM STICKMAN'S EMAIL INBOXHow important is the farang hubby?

Look closely - its not Stickmans comment but an e-mail from one of his readers.

but read his comments on these stories "our readers should beware, etc"

And when she gets it yes a large amount of beer like substance will be downed.

All welcome. However there will be a small charge on the door as me and my GF are now celeb's  :D  :o  :D

:D:D Its GREAT to see you have maintained a sense of humour through all this-you deserve good luck BS

Chok Dee Na

Just for the Spudster when things get him down, the words of Elton

"Don't wish it away

Don't look at it like it's forever

Between you and me

I could honestly say

That things can only get better

And while I'm away

Dust out the demons inside

And it won't be long

Before you and me run

To the place in our hearts

Where we hide

And I guess that's why

They call it the blues

Time on my hands

Could be time spent with you

Laughing like children

Living like lovers

Rolling like thunder under the covers

And I guess that's why

They call it the blues"

:o

Have just read the whole 24 pages of this post. Like Spuddsy, I hail from Brummie land too. One thought struck me. Do the polite folks down at the British Embassy read this forum? It may have been the water fountin topic for weeks. In which case, they would be able to deduct who Spudsy is, as he tells us his city of residence and the time he is applying for the Visa. As he has addmitted she will be lying about marrage etc, I would advise my brummie friend to keep quiet on the details, if its not already too late.

Spuds, did you go to Songkran at the Thai temple in Aston?

Good luck

We are not lying about marriage larry, we both want it to happen. And if all goes well we will either here in the UK or thailand. Dont worry mate i dont think they could pick me out of how many people go to the embassy from whats been written on here, besides we have done nothing wrong to affect the application, just a misunderstanding on my GF's part.

And no i was in thailand for the a bit of songkran 3 days just missed the last 3.

Didnt know about the place in aston, where about is it? did you go?

Edited by BIG SPUDS

Its the Thai temple in Aston. It may help you if you pop down and speak to the monks. Not for everyone I know, but, belive me, they have seen and heard it all before. They may help with the visa as well. PM me if you want the address etc. Songkran festival was Sunday just gone. Was very enjoyable, but again, not for everyone.