3-year Multiple Entry Class B Visa

http://www.thaistartup.com/3yr_visa.jpg

What's the significance of the crossed -out "Extension of Stay Not Permitted"? I've never seen this on the NonImm 'O' visa stamps I've ever gotten....

I kinda remember from this forum that 90-day stays cannot ordinarily be extended, as can 30 and 60 day stamps.

So, any guesses as to the significance of crossing this out?

What's the significance of the crossed -out "Extension of Stay Not Permitted"? I've never seen this on the NonImm 'O' visa stamps I've ever gotten....

I kinda remember from this forum that 90-day stays cannot ordinarily be extended, as can 30 and 60 day stamps.

I had the same on my "Multi-O" with the Extension of stay crossed out

I am on a non-B with a work permit valid for a while yet. I now wish to stop teaching and apply for a non-O Retirement Visa. Do I have to leave the country to make this application? Canada, 57, single, pension exceeds 65000, u tini saam pee lyaw.

Muchas gracias in advance, eh?

chaamjamal

I am on a non-B with a work permit valid for a while yet. I now wish to stop teaching and apply for a non-O Retirement Visa. Do I have to leave the country to make this application? Canada, 57,  single, pension exceeds 65000, u tini saam pee lyaw.

chaamjamal

You can talk to Immigration nicely and see if they will agree to amend the B to an O and go on down the path. The income/savings will need to amount to greater than 800,000. You should be able to pull it off :o

I am on a non-B with a work permit valid for a while yet. I now wish to stop teaching and apply for a non-O Retirement Visa. Do I have to leave the country to make this application? Canada, 57,  single, pension exceeds 65000, u tini saam pee lyaw.

chaamjamal

You can talk to Immigration nicely and see if they will agree to amend the B to an O and go on down the path. The income/savings will need to amount to greater than 800,000. You should be able to pull it off :o

Believe showing up with all the paperwork ready may help the smooth talking.

Concerning converting to a retirement visa, if you have all the correct documentation, my company can handle this - and you do not need to leave the country. It is certianly possible to work this out on your own - but some people prefer to have someone with them who knows exactly who to see, and how the process works. It all depends on how much time you have to work things out on your own (retirees typically have lots of time!).

By the way - unrelated issue - if anyone wants to see what an "instant visa" issued at Soi Suan Phlu looks like, take a look at right side of image at http://www.thaistartup.com/visa_4-8-05.jpg and then look at upper left for matching "instant" entry permit.

Under certain conditions, if you know the right people, it is possible to initiate a Class B visa - and obtain entry permit - right at Immigration.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

if it is crossed out and then initialed, then an extension is permitted.

Under certain conditions, if you know the right people, it is possible to initiate a Class B visa - and obtain entry permit - right at Immigration.

a few years back, i had the same visa rubber stamp but it was based on marriage to a thai . immigration gave it to me while my first one year extension was being processed. of course most extensions are not processed this way as immigration usually wants to see a NON IMMIGRANT VISA obtained from outside thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was the 90 day run to Poipet today on Jacks Golf Tours. Great service by the way, quick efficient and painless. Took a lovely stroll around the bridge taking in a full dose of the Cambodian border to remind myself how lovely it is to live in Bangkok with the responsive and responsible authorities we have here. Nothing like a dose of Cambo to get your head on straight about Thailand.

Well my three year caused quite a stir this time. Glad I had Jacks Golf on my side. For some reason my passport was the very last one to be returned and was delivered to the bus minutes before pulling out of the station. The guides all took a look at the three year visa and I think the immediate assumption is that I must know someone in a high position.

So I am in year two and back in Bangkok for another 90 days. Seems to be holding up and looks like I might get three years use, at least until the rules change again anyway.