American Thanksgiving Dinner

tonititan

With today being Canadian Thanksgiving, it got me thinking about American Thanksgiving this year. Yummy. Any suggestions on somewhere to get a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner this November? Last year I went to one of the big hotels. It was one of those 2500 baht Thanksgiving buffets that had traditional T-day food, but also lobster, sushi, Italian, Indian, etc., etc., etc. It was fabulous, but all of that extra stuff was unnecessary. I just want some turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin pie. Any suggestions?

Agree bourbon street, I too can not recall what they charge.

Madrid you are correct no charge for the food, but get there early, the place is small. If you are going with a family not the place to go, to hard to get a table, last year ended up sitting outside

hi,for those close to surawong road,you can go to the roadhouse.its on the same side as patpong.just walk up to the main road,keeping patpong on your right.you can't miss it!good food good price,all the trimmings and lots of seating on 2 floors and entertainment.last time we were some guy ws doing the"who".have a nice thanksgiving!!! :):D:D

Agree bourbon street, I too can not recall what they charge.

Madrid you are correct no charge for the food, but get there early, the place is small. If you are going with a family not the place to go, to hard to get a table, last year ended up sitting outside

Last year I went to Bully's, on the Sukumvit, west of Soi 4. It all sounded great on their website for the price, and it probably would have been great too, EXCEPT most of the food was COLD by the time I got there, about 6 to 7 pm-ish.

Did I say anything at the time? No. Did I check out the chow line before hand? No. So, what could they have done? They tell me to wait 20 minutes while they light up the Sterno cans or microwave it? Yeah, right, I'm hungry NOW having just traveled across town and I kinda expect a freakin' T-day meal to be at least warm, not like I'm eating canned turkey loaf C-rats back in the day from my rich uncle...

So, this year not going there. I hope that this provides some positive result for any who go there this year though.

Looking forward to other suggestions! Let's hear them, location, experiences, prices... Good thread! :-)

I'd have to recommend Bourbons.  I went to two meals last year.  One was at the Landmark.  Good food overall, and about 1800 baht or so. The other was BOurbons.  I think it was 700 baht. There were not as many selections, but the selections they had were more "Thanksgiving."  And the turkey was much better than that at the Landmark.

• 5 weeks later...

Bourbon Street has put the details for their T-Day buffet up on their web site. It's actually two days -- 26th and 27th.

Be sure to click on the menu to see the details. Looks like quite a nice selection plus two types of turkey: traditional roast and 'Souhtern/Cajun style' deep-fried.

I was going to advise people to make reservations but a re-read tells me that there are no resrevations on Thursday -- 'first come, first served'.

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/thanksgiving_2009.html

Edited by dekestone

I would like to go out for Thanksgiving dinner, but I want it to be a nice sit-down restaurant and definitely no bar atmosphere at all.

Suggestions?

I did the Thanksgiving Buffet at the SHERATON GRANDE SUKHUMVIT a couple of years ago and it was top notch in all respects but not cheap; about B1400 p.p. as I recall.

For those without the appetite for a big buffet, then The Queen Victoria in Sukhumvit Soi 23 will be putting on a Thanksgiving Day spread on November 26th featuring roast turkey and Virginia ham, dressing and cranberry sauce, a bunch of vegetables completed with pumpkin pie and cream or ice cream, all for a very reasonable 365 baht.

For those without the appetite for a big buffet, then The Queen Victoria in Sukhumvit Soi 23 will be putting on a Thanksgiving Day spread on November 26th featuring roast turkey and Virginia ham, dressing and cranberry sauce, a bunch of vegetables completed with pumpkin pie and cream or ice cream, all for a very reasonable 365 baht.

Very reasonable indeed. Thanks for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've almost recovered from gorging myself last night. I'm almost ready to eat again! I went to the Londoner last night for their 650Baht Thanksgiving buffet

thanksgiving2009.jpg

I got there before 6 with my friends and we had a pint first, (they brew their own pilsner and bitter, I prefer the bitter), and then we tucked in as soon as we saw that they were ready.

I was quite pleased with what was on offer, aside from the obvious turkey and ham with all the fixings, (2 types of stuffing, one in the bird, and a delicious bacon one, roast and scalloped potatoes, cauliflower au gratin, cranberry jelly, 2 types of gravy, green beans, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember), there was feta with olives, liver pate, smoked salmon (with capers!), a cheese table with Camembert, Roquefort, Edam, and a few others, a canape table with many different interesting concoctions (I focused on the meat so I didn't try any of these, but they looked good), and a full desert table with pecan pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and other stuff (I didn't bother with desert, sorry).

All in all, it was a great meal. The serving staff was welcoming and great, but the wait staff hovered a bit too much (I couldn't tell if they wanted to clear our plates away, or clear us away...), and seemed unhappy. That was the only minor downside to what was an enjoyable Thanksgiving. The servers told me that they are doing it again for Christmas, and I think I will go again! :)

Frttgl.jpg

wNDq3l.jpg

Here is one of my (many) plates, with turkey, 2 types of stuffing, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce, liver pate, feta & olive, Edam, and Roquefort cheese. Sorry I didn't make the presentation prettier, but I was hungry!

H9WQql.jpg

(Sorry about the large size pics, I don't know how to scale them to thumbnail size!)

Edited by Meridian007