Marriage Visa / Khon Kaen Office

I visited the KK office 7th October to meet the boss lady and have her check my paperwork for upcoming change from retirement to marriage designation (her suggestion).

In our conversation she strongly recomended that all paperwork for the switch + 1 year extension be submitted 3 weeks before the new visa is due as the marriage paperwork has to be sent to their head office in Korat for verification..

..Also that the the application visit must be made by myself & my wife ( logical I know but I bet someone out there will "try & go it alone ! ).

Lastly the office is still NOT ready,when there the offices were empty to allow decorating / air con installation ,they are also very short of furniture.The estimate for full completion was 2 weeks.

Message endeth :) .

PS anyone wants to know how my paperwork was made up let just contact me.

In our conversation she strongly recomended that all paperwork for the switch + 1 year extension be submitted 3 weeks before the new visa is due as the marriage paperwork has to be sent to their head office in Korat for verification..

Early is better of course but they'll give you a 1 month "under consideration" stamp while they check your paperwork no matter if you go to extend on the very last day of your visa/extension (cutting it fine I know) or 3 weeks before. The paperwork doesn't have to be checked and completed before your visa/extension expires.

Edited by mca

And during the under consideration period the BIB are likely to pop round and talk to the neighbours, to satisty themselves you are living there together. Police report then goes to immigration. That is the reason marriage extensions are not issued immediately, unlike retirement extensions.

:) Err no ... the marriage idea was/is mine !

What happened is due to the KK office sort of working 20% ( 90 Day reporting ),we rang the "boss lady" @ KK to find out when they would be fully operational or wether she would advise going back to Nong Khai .. It was her suggestion that we " come on down" and she would check/advise us on the nessacary paperwork.. all n' all very helpful attitude !!

• 2 weeks later...

:D I went to the immigration office with all the nessesary copies. All papers in two copies. One month befor expire of my NON-O visa, said I wanted a married visa. The offiser said he wanted to give me a NON-O visa again. Then I repeded my wich to have a married visa. This whent back and forth many many times. Then I was told that I should come back one week before expire of my Non-O visa. Now I feel they do not wanted to give me amarried visa do you think that to? :D I have been married for more then two years, have a Thai child with my child. :) Why do you think they did not wanted to give me a married VISA?

Do you have the married Visa now?

:D I went to the immigration office with all the nessesary copies. All papers in two copies. One month befor expire of my NON-O visa, said I wanted a married visa. The offiser said he wanted to give me a NON-O visa again. Then I repeded my wich to have a married visa. This whent back and forth many many times. Then I was told that I should come back one week before expire of my Non-O visa. Now I feel they do not wanted to give me amarried visa do you think that to? :D I have been married for more then two years, have a Thai child with my child. :) Why do you think they did not wanted to give me a married VISA?

Do you have the married Visa now?

This posting is duplicated and has been replied to in this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Non-0-Marria...94#entry3097894

Yes, you replied to his post, but you didn't answer the basic question. You just detailed what is needed.

Phuketscooter

I think the problem stems from the fact that there is no such thing as a 'marriage visa'.

It's a Non-O visa extension (for reason of marriage) that you want.

Apparently they wanted to give you that, but you kept insisting you didn't want the Non-O. Probably a language thing, I suppose.

I'm sure the officer finally just gave up and told you to come back another time, hoping you'd deal with another officer.

When you return, you shouldn't have a problem if you have all your paperwork in order.

When you are filling out the TM form, there is a space to write in the reason for wanting the extension. I always write in something like, "To support my Thai family."

Thaiphoon's answer on the other thread is a good checklist to make sure you have everything in order before going back to immigration.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for doing the 'interpretation' bit. Misunderstanding in terminology I am sure was the problem. I skimped that detail, but if he shows them section 2.18 I provided immigration should immediately understand what he wants, and as long as he has all the required documents he should be fine.

Edited by thaiphoon