Converting A Manual To Auto (pattaya)

myfriendyou

I have a Chevy Optra, (didnt buy it was part of a deal) that is manual transmission, I was wondering if anyone could reccomend someone in Pattaya that would be able to carry out a conversion to Auto for me.

Hard to resell a manual or part exchange so I'm sure its worth the effort.

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited by myfriendyou

Job and half to swop manual to auto. Its actually easier the other way about.

Pedal box to be sourced & changed, gear selector console to be changed, wiring to be altered for selector illumination, kick down switch, in gear start inhibitor, auto gearbox ECU, etc. etc.

As said, a job and half likely to be beset with problems after. Not really practical.

I have a Chevy Optra, (didnt buy it was part of a deal) that is manual transmission, I was wondering if anyone could reccomend someone in Pattaya that would be able to carry out a conversion to Auto for me.

I wouldn't recommend

a) a Chevy Optra

:) changing it to auto or

c) Pattaya.

My Grandad came from just a little bit east of the Pennines (ie God's own county), and when autos began sneaking into the UK market in the very early 50's, I asked him what he thought of them. He replied:

"What do you think the Lord gave you a left hand for, if not to change gear?"

I'm sure you could give me alternative ideas, even though the Wars of the Roses are long since o'er......

I wouldn't recommend

a) a Chevy Optra

:) changing it to auto or

c) Pattaya.

My Grandad came from just a little bit east of the Pennines (ie God's own county), and when autos began sneaking into the UK market in the very early 50's, I asked him what he thought of them. He replied:

"What do you think the Lord gave you a left hand for, if not to change gear?"

I'm sure you could give me alternative ideas, even though the Wars of the Roses are long since o'er......

As the saying goes, "Only true sports cars are right hand drive." :D

Forget it, it's gonna be a nightmare. To much electronic involved. If you have a 1992 Corolla with carburetor, thai it would be possible, But todays cars: No way!

Not sure he needs a different ECU, from what I know about engine swaps, it doesn't matter, they just slap on a different transmission. Usually second hand engines come with auto, and it cost 15k extra to install manual instead, same price we paid for changing manual to auto in 1997 Corolla and an old MightyX truck.

Not sure he needs a different ECU, from what I know about engine swaps, it doesn't matter, they just slap on a different transmission. Usually second hand engines come with auto, and it cost 15k extra to install manual instead, same price we paid for changing manual to auto in 1997 Corolla and an old MightyX truck.

Optra 1,6 and 1,8 probably doesnt need ECU swap. Check sparepartnumber for ECU auto and manual in Chevy dealer.

Most cars need ECU swap, cause tourque is detuned milliseconds ahead of auto gearchange. Espesially turbo and kompressor engines.

• 4 weeks later...