Vent! - Thaivisa Men

eek

I think this post is going to get me strung up...

Ok Guys,

Im in a pms zone, so my tolerance level gets low at this point (dontcha just hate it when women tell you that! :D), but regardless, something has been getting under my skin: Thaivisa men!

So sorry gents, but its true. Not all of you, but many. Its like a general bad vibe, rotten apples rotting the good ones.

Ive been a part of this forum for a few years now, and although i realise many topics will get regurgitated, I had hoped that over time some of the old and nasty comments and perceptions would begin to fade. But yet, there is still the same nasty generalisations about Thai women, Thai men, other Westerners, etc, etc. I also realise its good to vent (im doing it now, aint I..so, i must be an advocate of it :D), but why doesnt it seem possible for some to do so without spouting bigotry and BS all over the place? (Ok, women may be guilty of this too, and more members of tv are men, but still...i get the feeling some REVEL in being <deleted>!). In 5 years, 10 years, x years from now, do you think it will carry on the same way..or improve? Could it be that the younger generation of men feel less cynical and extreme?

Sometimes I have to take a step back from Thaivisa (I can at times be a bit of a tv addict), for although i find it informative and interesting, it can also make me feel dismayed at times. Are these men really reflective of the men in Thailand? Are they really so bitter? Why do they then not reflect many of the great western men i have met here?

The majority of western men i am friends with or have interacted with have been great, polite, friendly. Its been less common that ive met or seen one that is bitter and rude...certainly to no extent that some of you seem to be in this forum.

I might regret posting this. Maybe its a troll post?? (im never really clear on the whole troll thing..but I guess it comes under provoking a reaction..?)

Well anyway, what gives? :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its a troll post?? (im never really clear on the whole troll thing..but I guess it comes under provoking a reaction..?)[/i]

Nothing wrong with a good Troll, as long as its intent is not disparaging, or the usual anal bog standard rubbish elicited in General and it provokes worthwhile content and fine rejoinder and reposte. :)

But I am keeping outta this one

It's for good reason that ThaiVisa posters have a reputation for being ignorant moaning idiots among real life circles of people. Most people have no time to bother about reading through the bucket loads of rubbish posted online everyday, just to find the odd pieces of great info and advice that occasionally pop up.

Edited by madjbs

The majority of western men i am friends with or have interacted with have been great, polite, friendly. Its been less common that ive met or seen one that is bitter and rude...certainly to no extent that some of you seem to be in this forum.

The majority of western men, with whom I have met, have been sad cases. Out of all my friends in Thailand, the minority are western men (I have more Thai male friends than western male friends).

This is not because I am gay, it is because most western men that I have met, seem to live in some "bubble", which insulates them from everything around them (they can't change).

I only have 2 very good western friends in Thailand, both of whom are not gay. They, in no way, behave or share the same attitudes with others on this forum.

Good rant, and pretty accurate.

I used to check the forums all the time and had great banter with a large number of people. But there were always the odd few that either had to disagree for no reason, insult because they had a superiority complex or fight because they were paranoid that everyone was against them. All the fun fell out of the conversations. After a long break I don't notice it so much. I'm sure it's still there but not so obvious. Maybe just taking a time-out from ThaiVisa is all that's needed?

Yep, as said above; elements of keyboard warrior syndrome and communication 'difficulties' on forums: I'm crap on forums, but probably not quite so bad in real life.

ThaiVisa is also a 'venting place', so you see the worst of folk...

As far as the forum improving? I doubt it. If anything it seems to be getting worse.

I guess the internet allows people to be more extreme as they would in real life as there is no comeback. This might explain why people you meet in the real world are nice compared to the people here.

I do agree this board, in general, has a very negative view of Thailand and its people! Whether that view is correct or not I do not know.

perhaps men are more likely to say what they are thinking as they can hide behind a pseudonym but in a face to face contact senario its less brutual, who knows

Chat_Rooms.jpg

:) I did not give permission to post my picture here.

perhaps men are more likely to say what they are thinking as they can hide behind a pseudonym but in a face to face contact senario its less brutual, who knows

Chat_Rooms.jpg

:) I did not give permission to post my picture here.

But which is you Toady??

Think most lads who say disparaging remarks on TV, would never do in person. :D

Okay, what shall I call you on the 18th at the meet up? :)

As long has it's not Howard's wife I am ok. :D

:D Howard's husband?

Everyone needs a good vent once in a while. And I appreciate it the way you approached it as a thread in itself instead of damaging someone elses thread. Its the people who vent on a good threat and get it closed that are a little less appreciated by me. Also your vent may of had many thruths to too

A lot of men HATE women. That is just how it is.

The interesting thing to me is a lot of the most "liberal" guys I know are the worst. They consider women to be the enemy, but would never say it back home and at the same time they always have to have one and can't be alone.

I don't hate women, but I rather be single because I make such poor choices in that regard to start with and I can have a better time over here if I am not tied down.

The great thing about this area of the world is I can get a cheap massage if I need a woman's touch or a soapy body massage if I need more than that and I get all the attention I want from Thai women in day to day life.

Unless one is a complete wank*r, Thailand really is heaven for men. I just don't understand why a Western woman would want to live here. :)

Think most lads who say disparaging remarks on TV, would never do in person. :D

Okay, what shall I call you on the 18th at the meet up? :)

As long has it's not Howard's wife I am ok. :D

:D Howard's husband?

Howard's husband has something to do with that totally moronic TV show "Big trouble in tourist Thailand". If you're smart, you won't go near that imbecilic program.

Howard's husband has something to do with that totally moronic TV show "Big trouble in tourist Thailand". If you're smart, you won't go near that imbecilic program.

Thanks for that, when I want a monkey I'll rattle the chain. :)

Thanks for that, when I want a monkey I'll rattle the chain. :D

:):D

Think most lads who say disparaging remarks on TV, would never do in person. :)

Agree with you there brit. Can't imagine too may snide remarks being made about a guy's wife etc to his face, guess some only have virtual balls :D