Citibank In Pattaya

Tabbhatt

No. Unfortunately, foreign banks operating in Thailand are limited to a single bank branch...and Citi's is located on Sathorn Road in Bangkok. (The Citi store front you may have seen on Sukhumvit is for their Citi-Finance subsidiary and not a bank branch).

Edited by IHateCaptcha

No. Unfortunately, foreign banks operating in Thailand are limited to a single bank branch...and Citi's is located on Sathorn Road in Bangkok. (The Citi store front you may have seen on Sukhumvit is for their Citi-Finance subsidiary and not a bank branch).

Ok, thanks for your answer. Do anyone know how frequent the "Pulse -logo" is on teller machines as I have a card that only are good in machines with that logo ? Can´t look after myself as I am not in Thailand for the moment !

Not sure about the "Pulse" logo (or card network) but if you have a Citibank ATM card from outside Thailand, it should work on most of the ATMs in Pattaya (with B150 fee per withdrawal). I have used Citibank ATM and credit cards for cash withdrawals/advances from all of the Thai bank ATM networks with international links without any problems (just about all of them).

Edited by IHateCaptcha

is it just me or is everyone having a problem withdrawing more than 10,000 baht per transactionat any of the atms here in pattaya , i used to withdraw up to 30,000 before !! must be some kind of new bank policy maybe ?? :)

is it just me or is everyone having a problem withdrawing more than 10,000 baht per transactionat any of the atms here in pattaya , i used to withdraw up to 30,000 before !! must be some kind of new bank policy maybe ?? :)

Just to give you some feedback, Clip: I've had no problem making ATM withdrawals of amounts larger than 10,000 baht (as recently as yesterday). I've accessed funds from a variety of banks. Sometimes limited to ONLY 1,000 baht notes, but no new limitations on total withdrawal except as imposed in the past by my foreign bank and local norms.

Just to give you some feedback, Clip: I've had no problem making ATM withdrawals of amounts larger than 10,000 baht (as recently as yesterday). I've accessed funds from a variety of banks. Sometimes limited to ONLY 1,000 baht notes, but no new limitations on total withdrawal except as imposed in the past by my foreign bank and local norms.

What happens sometimes is that a particular ATM machine runs out of larger bills...1000s, 500s, or both. I think the machines are set to give out a certain maximum number of bills per transaction...like either 20 or 30. So if it's setat 20 and they only have 500s left, the max per transaction would be 10k baht. If all they have left is 100s, then the max is 2000 baht. This has happened to me on occasion.

its funny because there just happened to be a bank employee beside me with the deposit atm opened and i asked him if there was a limit of 10,000 baht withdrawl and he said yes (i think??)lol and told me in broken english to just take out 10,000 and then take out 10,000 again ha ha not the problem solving i was looking for ha ha ... :)