Classic Cars

sgunn65

I have just bought a 1972 Series One Jaguar XJ6 which has had a one year ground up restoration. And I am loving it. For the price of a decent truck it is alot of car.

Does anyone else here run a classic? And do you get involved in clubs etc? It would be nice to go to a rally or something but I have no idea of what is around.

I owned that car back in California...it was my favorite. Series I are a shorter wheelbase, and in my opinion the best looking XJ6's. I love the front grill. Mine was primrose yellow. Didn't like the Borg-Warner trans though...

Lets' see some pic's of yours...!

post-39895-1255599605_thumb.jpg

nice car. I have always wanted an E-Type. One day maybe. :)

Love the daimler double six, had one in my homecountry. But overhere if you buy a jag, you are married with it. Here in Pattaya I saw a couple Jags for sale, for years already, about the 300 and something k range, but none ever bought them. This is the sad thing that almost noone like and understand classic cars overhere. I my self love it, specially US Cars, Jags and Classic Range Rovers. Lot of headache, but a ot of fun too.

I have just bought a 1972 Series One Jaguar XJ6 which has had a one year ground up restoration. And I am loving it. For the price of a decent truck it is alot of car.

Does anyone else here run a classic? And do you get involved in clubs etc? It would be nice to go to a rally or something but I have no idea of what is around.

fantastic car. My uncle used to have a 1972, 4,0 sixpot, and I was alowed to drive it after waxing it. :) Did you keep the original straight six?

There are a couple of car clubs in Bangkok. The Classic Car Association of Thiland (CCAT)has a get together the first Sunday of every month. Give them a call or email for the next location.

Classic Car Association (Thailand)

We are a certify classic car club in Thailand. CCAT is the largest sources of information regarding Classic cars movement in Thailand. We do have over 400 members country wide.

21/75 Block C (R.C.A.) Soi Soonvijai, Rama 9 Rd., Huay Kwang, Bangkok

Thailand

Tel: 02-2031119

Fax: 02-2031119

Email: [email protected]

Hi,

this is what I will call a car! and it´s mine.

1954 V8 331, 4d sedan. Cadillac.

Nice car but the OP was asking about classics here in Thailand

I beg to differ, if he lives in Thailand than he has a classic car. He is one definition of a classic car

Classic car is a term used to describe an older car, but the exact meaning is subject to differences in opinion. Some are very inclusive, considering any older car to be a classic. Others, including the Classic Car Club of America, maintain that 1959 is the last year for a car to be a classic

I think this is an example of cross cultural differences. In the Uk there are vintage cars and classic cars. My 72 Jag is certainly considered a classic car by the UK definition.

BTW I was asking about classic cars in thailand.

• 3 weeks later...