• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 36

60 Minutes blasted after replacing harris word salad…

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 45

Reasons of change

5. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

6. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 45

Reasons of change

9. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

10. 45

Reasons of change

11. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

12. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

What Restaurant Serves The Best Dog Meat?

IanForbes

Was visiting a shop by the side of a busy road near Sakhon Nakorn, and a dog was fatally struck by a passing vehicle just a few meters from where I stood. Less than one minute after the yelping died down, I turned around again and the animal was nowhere to be seen. The shop keeper, seeing my puzzled look, just smiled at me and said one word. "Dinner"

Edited by toptuan

Was visiting a shop by the side of a busy road near Sakhon Nakorn, and a dog was fatally struck by a passing vehicle just a few meters from where I stood. Less than one minute after the yelping died down, I turned around again and the animal was nowhere to be seen. The shop keeper, seeing my puzzled look, just smiled at me and said one word. "Dinner"

tenderised too :)

dog_food_bowl_salt_pepper_lg_wht_24.gif

Edited by Donnyboy

I know what you mean. One of my girl friends came from Sakhon Nakon and I stayed there for about 2 weeks in 1997. I only saw one farang in the whole time I was there and he was an unsociable Vietnam war vet. My girl friend wouldn't eat dog meat, but her brother liked it. Most often we ate whatever her brother could kill or catch. Sometimes it was snake, sometimes it was fish and sometimes it was lizard.

After seven months of eating nothing but salmon, crab, shrimp, prawns, halibut and tuna, I'm looking forward to some Slab of Lab, German Shepherd pie and roasted Rottweiler. :D

I am looking at my lab as I read this... :)

The thing is they are such greedy animals that should I die in my house, I think she may well start eating me until my body is discovered.

With a little milk and sugar... :)

Janets_puppy_1.jpg

I guess it would be no worse than eating horse meat, or any beast that might have been a pet. My ex-wife would never eat rabbit because when she was small her Portugese family ate Maria's pet bunny.

"but never eaten dog" ...so far as you know !

Isn't it said to be a popular joke to watch the farang try the "veal"/"goat"/whatever which is really man's best friend?

Ian: try China. The full range of canine genera (glad I did not need to write, "genuses") is available there, amongst countless other delicacies.

Edited by WaiWai

I remember the term 'road kill', but dinner is more refined term.

One problem we don't have here in Ho Chi Minh is stray dogs barking and being a nuisance.

I've never had the inclination to hunt down a dog restaurant either here or when I was in Seoul but if someone served it up I'd certainly try it. However what I've heard about it agrees with BEENTHEREDONETHAT, it is very tough and stringy.

You have my deepest sympathies, Ian. I just spent a month in Canada and suffered terribly from the lousy food there. Couldn't wait to get back. Seven months you've been there! How very sad.

Jeez, Rass.

You must have missed out on the marvelous poutine on the BC Ferry to Nanaimo....

:)

You have my deepest sympathies, Ian. I just spent a month in Canada and suffered terribly from the lousy food there. Couldn't wait to get back. Seven months you've been there! How very sad.

Jeez, Rass.

You must have missed out on the marvelous poutine on the BC Ferry to Nanaimo....

:D

Yeah, right, Micky G. :D Just to prove I sincerely meant what I said, here's a comment I made on Facebook as of yesterday. :)

It is quite odd . . . and fortunate, for me, as I live here . . . that the food in Chiang Mai, which is a city of not that great a size, in a semi-remote corner of Southeast Asia, is in general far, far - let me say that again, FAR - better than that in Canada.

And I don't meant just Thai food, which would of course be true. I'm talking Mexican food, Japanese food, Italian food, even f***ing sea food, for which Chiang Mai, distant as it is from the sea, holds no inherent advantage.

I know I should just consider myself lucky, but I'm still irritated at what I went through.