Thai Passport

Pond Life

My Thai wife's passport expires soon.

Is there somewhere in CM she can renew it & also maybe change her family name to mine.

Clear directions would be appreciated.

I found 4 topics covering this thru the search engine.

But all of them come up URL not found !

Thanks

My Thai wife's passport expires soon.

Is there somewhere in CM she can renew it & also maybe change her family name to mine.

Clear directions would be appreciated.

I found 4 topics covering this thru the search engine.

But all of them come up URL not found !

Thanks

Amphur for name change.

City hall (Road to Mae Rim) for the passport. They do the processing there for new ones so they must be able to process to re-new.

Maybe not ?? We are in Thailand after all aren't we, nothing logical here is there :)

It's actually neither the amphoe (district) office nor the thetsabaan (municipal) hall, which are in the old city and near the river respectively, but rather at the provincial office. The Thais call it soon raatchakaan, civil service centre. Some still use the old term saalaa klaang. Renewals cost 1600 baht.

It's actually neither the amphoe (district) office nor the thetsabaan (municipal) hall, which are in the old city and near the river respectively, but rather at the provincial office. The Thais call it soon raatchakaan, civil service centre. Some still use the old term saalaa klaang. Renewals cost 1600 baht.

The cost of renewal is actually Baht 1,000 plus Baht 35 for EMS return post, we just did this at the office in CM two weeks ago and it's a very slick process that takes less than 30 mins - in the government office compound near the 700 year stadium.

My wife has just changed her name and if you want that I think she would need to do it before you get the passport. It is very easy, she just needs to go to the local government office where she is registered with her ID card, fill in the forms and get a new ID card. My wife had her marriage certificate with her but I don't know if its necessary or not

The cost of renewal is actually Baht 1,000 plus Baht 35 for EMS return post, we just did this at the office in CM two weeks ago and it's a very slick process that takes less than 30 mins - in the government office compound near the 700 year stadium.

Yes, it is 1000 baht. My daughter is renewing her Thai passport next week and 1000 baht is the price she was quoted. Was told the process takes about 1 week.

As for me, my British passport is due for renewal soon. Price 7500 baht and waiting time between 3 to 6 weeks.

Just out of interest, I found an up to date document on the Internet that lists passport fees from around the world.

These prices pertain for passports applied for in the home countries, not from abroad.

post-11344-1255534512_thumb.jpg