Traveling On The Weekend Of The King's Birthday

tonititan

Hi,

I'm looking into places to go for the 3-day holiday weekend in December. Thinking of maybe Ayutthaya, Khao Yai, Hua Hin, or Kanchanaburi. I know that holiday weekends can be busy travel times, and that I can expect the beaches to be absolutely packed. But, I'm wondering - will everything still be open? For example, in Kanchanaburi, if I want to ride the Death Railway or go to the WWII museum, will they be open that weekend? Will we be able to find transportation (e.g., tuk tuks, songteaws, etc.)? In Ayutthaya, will the temples be open? Or does everything shut down around the country that weekend? I seem to remember that everything was "as usual" in Bangkok last year, but I'm wondering about the other parts of Thailand.

I'd really appreciate any insight into this, as I'd hate to book a vacation and then not be able to fully enjoy the destination because everything is closed. Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I'm looking into places to go for the 3-day holiday weekend in December. Thinking of maybe Ayutthaya, Khao Yai, Hua Hin, or Kanchanaburi. I know that holiday weekends can be busy travel times, and that I can expect the beaches to be absolutely packed. But, I'm wondering - will everything still be open? For example, in Kanchanaburi, if I want to ride the Death Railway or go to the WWII museum, will they be open that weekend? Will we be able to find transportation (e.g., tuk tuks, songteaws, etc.)? In Ayutthaya, will the temples be open? Or does everything shut down around the country that weekend? I seem to remember that everything was "as usual" in Bangkok last year, but I'm wondering about the other parts of Thailand.

I'd really appreciate any insight into this, as I'd hate to book a vacation and then not be able to fully enjoy the destination because everything is closed. Thanks for your help!

Nothing will be closed, only offices banks etc on Monday the 7th.