2 Russians Arrested In Pattaya For Using Forged Credit Cards

webfact

2 Russians arrested in Pattaya for using forged credit cards

Pattaya, Chon Buri - Two Russian tourists were arrested in this seaside town Wednesday night after they allegedly used forged credit cards of four Thai banks to draw advance cash.

The two were identified as Oleg Yanchogl, 29, and Vitaly Pavlov, 23.

Police found 21 forged credit cards of Krung Thai Bank, Siam Commercial Bank, Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn Bank on them together with Bt700,000 in cash.

Police chased after the two after alerted by a SCB bank teller that the two used a forged credit card to draw advance cash from her booth at 9:50 pm. She checked and found that the card was forged.

The two were arrested at a car park of a restaurant on Thap Phaya Road.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/15

Izsis the best the authorities can come up with against the Russian mob running about on the loose in Pattaya

I guess the two should have taken better care of the police.

people jump right away on the nationality of others to make some xenophobic comments should be be out of place in a forum for a multinational community of foreigners living in thailand.

otherwise it makes that forum looking like a place where some losers and grumpy old loners using it as the the last and only opportunity to feel superior.

Izsis the best the authorities can come up with against the Russian mob running about on the loose in Pattaya

people jump right away on the nationality of others to make some xenophobic comments should be be out of place in a forum for a multinational community of foreigners living in thailand.

otherwise it makes that forum looking like a place where some losers and grumpy old loners using it as the the last and only opportunity to feel superior.

I agree!

Interesting that another Russian was arrested in Pattaya just over two weeks ago for using fake credit cards, more interesting was that on checking they found he had been arrested previously in Phuket for doing the same thing. Seems the Thai Police like to make work for themselves by not removing these crooks from the country.

I agree!

Aren't we sensitive! Perhaps overly so. Organized crime groups are commonly identified and referred to by nationality. Does that condemn the whole nationality? Certainly not.

In the US it's called the mafia. In Japan, the Jakusa. Etc. The New York Times referred to the Thai police as the "largest criminal organization in Thailand." One can choose the wording or terms, but the point is made. A post above refers to the mob, and of course there are mobs such as the Columbian drug lords and the Taliban poppy growers association etc.

Mario Puzzo famously wrote of the Scicilian mafia. The Academy Award winning Godfather movie trilogy based on Puzzo's work made clear that while Scicilians are Italian, so are some 60 million others in that country to include the Pope of the time.

Perhaps the two using false Thai bank cards are mob related, perhaps not. It could be the two were operating independently so they simply went to a shop on Khao San Road. Or maybe the two are related to Russian organized crime in Thailand, or perhaps the two simply didn't take good enuff care of Thai organized crime in Thailand.

A while ago a crusty old Brit gal newspaper journalist said on the BBC she needed some enabling documents for some articles she was to do about this region so she went to Khao San Road where, standing in the que she met an Indian guy in front of her, struck up a pleasant chat and when the Indian got to the window he cashed over to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. (Which already has been the subject of another recent discussion!)

Should we be overly sensitive about Indians too? Brits? I should say not. The reasonable person in society would deal with such things, well, reasonably.

Edited by Publicus

Arrests don't mean doodly-squat in and of themselves.

Let's hold out to see whether or not there will be trial, conviction, sentence and execution of sentence by prison time and/or PNG deportation, and after that, what if any ongoing investigations or diplomatic negotiations are going to take place.

Thailand, like many other places around the world, have a dysfunctional law enforcement system. It has nothing to do with race, nationality, profiling or anything else. The absence of law enforcement leads to civil unrest and anarchy, as we see often in Thailand and other places, other races, etc.

For comparison, what do you think might happen to these people in Singapore?

I agree!

Aren't we sensitive! Perhaps overly so. Organized crime groups are commonly identified and referred to by nationality. Does that condemn the whole nationality? Certainly not.

In the US it's called the mafia. In Japan, the Jakusa. Etc. The New York Times referred to the Thai police as the "largest criminal organization in Thailand." One can choose the wording or terms, but the point is made. A post above refers to the mob, and of course there are mobs such as the Columbian drug lords and the Taliban poppy growers association etc.

Mario Puzzo famously wrote of the Scicilian mafia. The Academy Award winning Godfather movie trilogy based on Puzzo's work made clear that while Scicilians are Italian, so are some 60 million others in that country to include the Pope of the time.

Perhaps the two using false Thai bank cards are mob related, perhaps not. It could be the two were operating independently so they simply went to a shop on Khao San Road. Or maybe the two are related to Russian organized crime in Thailand, or perhaps the two simply didn't take good enuff care of Thai organized crime in Thailand.

A while ago a crusty old Brit gal newspaper journalist said on the BBC she needed some enabling documents for some articles she was to do about this region so she went to Khao San Road where, standing in the que she met an Indian guy in front of her, struck up a pleasant chat and when the Indian got to the window he cashed over to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. (Which already has been the subject of another recent discussion!)

Should we be overly sensitive about Indians too? Brits? I should say not. The reasonable person in society would deal with such things, well, reasonably.

Mario Puzo co-wrote also Superman and Superman II.

no one wrote about that these two credit card swindlers belong to the mafia. it was just reported that they are russians and got arrested by the thai police.

not until you start to wrote about the russian mafia in pattaya and the overall corrupt thai police. and how is that jump and conclusion connected or related to the original post? mostly only by your bias, prejudice, xenophobia.

Arrests don't mean doodly-squat in and of themselves.

Let's hold out to see whether or not there will be trial, conviction, sentence and execution of sentence by prison time and/or PNG deportation, and after that, what if any ongoing investigations or diplomatic negotiations are going to take place.

Thailand, like many other places around the world, have a dysfunctional law enforcement system. It has nothing to do with race, nationality, profiling or anything else. The absence of law enforcement leads to civil unrest and anarchy, as we see often in Thailand and other places, other races, etc.

For comparison, what do you think might happen to these people in Singapore?

Sending russians to New Guinea! That's cruel and unusual punishment! :):D:D:D

Yeah, don't be so xenophobic! The Mafia in Pattaya is made up of a number of failed former Soviet states, not exclusively Russians!!!!

Ukraine, Georgia, Romania, Belarus, and numerous others have contributed their fare share of whores, theives, and petty thugs to the Mafia that is currently running rampant in Pattaya.

I myself am a long time Thailand expat and I have not step foot in Pattaya in 3 years, nor do I plan too.

Yeah, don't be so xenophobic! The Mafia in Pattaya is made up of a number of failed former Soviet states, not exclusively Russians!!!!

Ukraine, Georgia, Romania, Belarus, and numerous others have contributed their fare share of whores, theives, and petty thugs to the Mafia that is currently running rampant in Pattaya.

I myself am a long time Thailand expat and I have not step foot in Pattaya in 3 years, nor do I plan too.

it's not only pattaya where you could met other foreigners that are not from your own home village, so better be careful anywhere.