1 Year Non 'Ó' Visa Penang

Yes.I was there last week.Take original wedding certificate and photocopy,copy of wifes I.D. card.I also took photocopies of tabien bahn and childrens birth certificates.Forgot to get them signed by wife,but no problem.Cost 500 ringgit.Only a couple of people waiting at the consulate when I arrived.Very quiet in Penang.

Went by Thai down there,next time will be with Air Asia.Thai arrive in Penang around 2230 and flight back to Bangkok leaves at 0830,means an extra night in Georgetown.With Air Asia I think you can pick up your passport and fly back to Bangkok the same night.

Yes.I was there last week.Take original wedding certificate and photocopy,copy of wifes I.D. card.I also took photocopies of tabien bahn and childrens birth certificates.Forgot to get them signed by wife,but no problem.Cost 500 ringgit.Only a couple of people waiting at the consulate when I arrived.Very quiet in Penang.

Went by Thai down there,next time will be with Air Asia.Thai arrive in Penang around 2230 and flight back to Bangkok leaves at 0830,means an extra night in Georgetown.With Air Asia I think you can pick up your passport and fly back to Bangkok the same night.

Thanks

Did you get a one year multiple entry Non Im 'O' or just a single or double entry visa. I heard for the 1 year multiple visa you had to return to your country of origin..

Yes,it was a one year multiple entry visa.I have never applied for one in England,only in Penang.My neighbour gets his one year multiples in Abu Dhabi.I e-mailed the Thai Embassy in London last year about getting one at my local consulate-a jewellers shop in Liverpool.The reply was no problem.However,as long as I can get the visa in Penang I don't need to return to England.

One thing I forgot to mention was that last year,when checking in at at the airport the (very young)check-in clerk wanted to see my work permit or residency permit,which I don't have-or need.Then he wanted to see a ticket out of Thailand.I told him that I didn't need this either.Then a supervisor came over,checked I had a credit card and then I was able to check in.This time the woman at the counter wanted to see an onward ticket.I had one for an internal flight in Thailand.No problem.

Yes,it was a one year multiple entry visa.I have never applied for one in England,only in Penang.My neighbour gets his one year multiples in Abu Dhabi.I e-mailed the Thai Embassy in London last year about getting one at my local consulate-a jewellers shop in Liverpool.The reply was no problem.However,as long as I can get the visa in Penang I don't need to return to England.

One thing I forgot to mention was that last year,when checking in at at the airport the (very young)check-in clerk wanted to see my work permit or residency permit,which I don't have-or need.Then he wanted to see a ticket out of Thailand.I told him that I didn't need this either.Then a supervisor came over,checked I had a credit card and then I was able to check in.This time the woman at the counter wanted to see an onward ticket.I had one for an internal flight in Thailand.No problem.

Why would you require an onwards ticket, if you return back to Thailand with a new 1 year multi 'o' visa?

Why would you require an onwards ticket, if you return back to Thailand with a new 1 year multi 'o' visa?

With a valid visa an outbound ticket should not be required. :o

I e-mailed the Thai Embassy in London last year about getting one at my local consulate-a jewellers shop in Liverpool.The reply was no problem.

Years ago I didn't know about the consulate in Liverpool and had to go down to London on two consequetive days for a visa. :o

The consulate in Liverpool was in Boodles & Dunthorpe Jewelers (?) and consisted of a little box with application forms on it. Fill in the forms along with a self-addressed envelope and then pop it in the box. All Hi-tech stuff what??? :D

I e-mailed the Thai Embassy in London last year about getting one at my local consulate-a jewellers shop in Liverpool.The reply was no problem.

Years ago I didn't know about the consulate in Liverpool and had to go down to London on two consequetive days for a visa. :o

The consulate in Liverpool was in Boodles & Dunthorpe Jewelers (?) and consisted of a little box with application forms on it. Fill in the forms along with a self-addressed envelope and then pop it in the box. All Hi-tech stuff what??? :D

FYI

Royal Thai Consulate (Liverpool)

Boodles House, 35 Lord Street, L2 9SQ

Tel: 0151 255 0504

Fax: 0151 255 1070

Thanks for your help. I'm due to renew my one year multiple in two months was not looking forward to a trip to the UK.

I will check back in just before I go to penang just to make sure they are still doing the visa.

You get so much different advice. I just wish they would stick to the same formular.

• 1 year later...

Hello Sir

Take no notice from what the other dude said, you cannot get a 12 month None Immigrant "0" Visa from Penang, they will only give you a single entry 90days None Immigrant "0" visa, because i was there last week, and now im going back to the UK to get a 12 month one.

David

Take no notice from what the other dude said, you cannot get a 12 month None Immigrant "0" Visa from Penang, they will only give you a single entry 90days None Immigrant "0" visa, because i was there last week, and now im going back to the UK to get a 12 month one.

David

Davo, I picked up my multi non imm O a few days ago (8th Nov.). Only photocopy of marriage paper and 1 photo was asked for, along with form and fee of 220 SGD.

Btw, for Norwegians the visa is free apparently. Lucky sods. :o

Can, cannot. Can, cannot. What is going on? No, it is not a rhetorical question. My mate was in Penang a couple of weeks ago and was given only 90 days? Lopburi, what is your theory about this? Is the fact one never really knows where one stands a deliberate policy to make sure we dont get too comfortable here or just poor management?

i went to penang three weeks ago and got a 60 day single entry visa..

this will last me 6 months. i can go to immigration one time, and then do 3 border runs.

so its cheaper than flying back to the liverpool hole in the wall thai consulate. i heard liverpool was no good for visas - but hull are very helpful and you will easily get your non immigrant class o there with no worries. just show your marriage paper. as for me, i ended up liking penang, i found some good bars and discos so now i am actually looking forward to my visa running out so i can go back again.... everyone says penang is no good - penang is what you make it !!!! its ok....

as for me, i ended up liking penang, i found some good bars and discos so now i am actually looking forward to my visa running out so i can go back again.... everyone says penang is no good - penang is what you make it !!!! its ok....

Cannot agree withyou more. Penang is a special place.

David

Davo, I picked up my multi non imm O a few days ago (8th Nov.). Only photocopy of marriage paper and 1 photo was asked for, along with form and fee of 220 SGD.

Btw, for Norwegians the visa is free apparently. Lucky sods. :D

Can, cannot. Can, cannot. What is going on? No, it is not a rhetorical question. My mate was in Penang a couple of weeks ago and was given only 90 days? Lopburi, what is your theory about this? Is the fact one never really knows where one stands a deliberate policy to make sure we dont get too comfortable here or just poor management?

yeah...what is goin' on???...can we or can we cannot get a multi-entry one year non-imm 'O' visa from Penang???

seems like the the dumbshed thai immigration people would at least post advice regarding location and availability and not leave it up to some local desk clerk who changes the rules depending if his cornflakes were soggy that morning or not... :o

You can not obtain a multi entry in Penang. The post above your post quotes the currency as Singapore Dollars so his visa was not obtained in Penang (although response below the previous post distorts the meaning).

David

Norwegians have to pay the prescribed fees for their visa's :o

David

Norwegians have to pay the prescribed fees for their visa's :D

Sorry for any confusion ref. obtaining multi from Penang. I meant originally to suggest to 'Davo' to go to Singapore instead of Penang to obtain a multi.

Dr PP, when waiting to hand in my application for a multi, a Norwegian guy next to me saw the fee in my hand and enquired if they were now charging for multis. I told him that it's always been the case. He reckoned he's never had to pay for his visas. He went to the counter before me and I didn't notice him handing over any money, even when I had to hand him the numbered security tag that he dropped while at the counter.

We met again when picking up our passports and he showed me the blank space on his visa where the fee is printed and started to jokingly rub it in that I had to pay.

Could there be any circumstances as to why he should not have to pay? :o

Edited by Gazza

You can not obtain a multi entry in Penang. The post above your post quotes the currency as Singapore Dollars so his visa was not obtained in Penang (although response below the previous post distorts the meaning).

I got a 12 month non im "O" in Penang multiple entry and it cost 500 ringit.

Think the scam is they charge for a multiple one give three months and pocket the difference in fees.

Shop round the companies in Penang as some of them have "friends" in the Embassy. If you really insist on it before you hand it in you get it! 3 of us on the Mini bus home had multi's.

David

Sorry for any confusion ref. obtaining multi from Penang. I meant originally to suggest to 'Davo' to go to Singapore instead of Penang to obtain a multi.

Dr PP, when waiting to hand in my application for a multi, a Norwegian guy next to me saw the fee in my hand and enquired if they were now charging for multis. I told him that it's always been the case. He reckoned he's never had to pay for his visas. He went to the counter before me and I didn't notice him handing over any money, even when I had to hand him the numbered security tag that he dropped while at the counter.

We met again when picking up our passports and he showed me the blank space on his visa where the fee is printed and started to jokingly rub it in that I had to pay.

Diplomatic or official passport perhaps?

Possibly, but I think he would have known if it was one of the above. He reckoned it was perhaps due to a reciprocation of immigration procedures between the two countries. Similar perhaps to Kiwis getting 90 days on arrival whereas most everyone else got 30 days because Thais were allowed easy entry into NZ?

I dunno. Surely we have some Norwegian members here that could clarify the issue?

David

It certainly doesn't indicate Gratis visa's for ordinary passport holding Norwegian's on the Thai MFA website. I'll make some enquiries.

Possibly, but I think he would have known if it was one of the above. He reckoned it was perhaps due to a reciprocation of immigration procedures between the two countries. Similar perhaps to Kiwis getting 90 days on arrival whereas most everyone else got 30 days because Thais were allowed easy entry into NZ?

I dunno. Surely we have some Norwegian members here that could clarify the issue?

Tourist Kiwi's only get 30 days on arrival in Thailand, and Thai's have to apply for a visa to enter Thailand. The rules changed a few years back.