Carrefour And After Sales Service = Cannot !

PXR5

For all those that say it's a "manufacturers guarentee" are talking <deleted>. A 'seller' must sell an item that is "fit for it's purpose" amongst other requirements, that includes a period of time it should be expected to work ie 'the guarantee period'. Google, 'consumer laws Thailand' and you will find the 'Consumer protection act 1979', read it, and get educated.

Care to point to the section number of the CP act that states that a seller is responsible for warranty of goods for any length of time. Even here in the US electronics are generally only guaranteed by store policy for 15, 30, or 45 days depending on the store, and that is for return or exchange not repair. After that you have to get repaired by the manufacturer. Stores rarely have repair facilities.

For all those that say it's a "manufacturers guarentee" are talking <deleted>. A 'seller' must sell an item that is "fit for it's purpose" amongst other requirements, that includes a period of time it should be expected to work ie 'the guarantee period'. Google, 'consumer laws Thailand' and you will find the 'Consumer protection act 1979', read it, and get educated.

Care to point to the section number of the CP act that states that a seller is responsible for warranty of goods for any length of time. Even here in the US electronics are generally only guaranteed by store policy for 15, 30, or 45 days depending on the store, and that is for return or exchange not repair. After that you have to get repaired by the manufacturer. Stores rarely have repair facilities.

This is a current hot potato in the UK, not the USA I hasten to add, where it is the retailers responsibility. They try to shirk responsibility but they cannot legally.

Interesting to see that most of you go shopping at Lotus.

I tend to do my shopping in between Lotus and BIG C.

(Carrefour belonging now to the past !)

I got to admit, that both are friendly, but I do have a preference for BIG C.

Here you do get the extra smile.

On top of that, the staff from BIG C tends to speak english, or at least they do try.

But got to admit, I never needed their after sales service... hope I won t have to !

The customer service isn't the best at Carrefour. I was disappointed when I wanted to get my TV repaired as wel. :D

I simply don't get it. Neighter Carrefour nor Big C or Tesco are any repair centers. After your sale, you have to contact the manufacturer or the authorized service center to get your item repaired. This is not any different in the USA. I am not a friend of the non existend customer service here in Thailand, but why would you bring a repair back to Big C ? :)

On a side note. I have received the best customer service from LG here in Thailand. Fridge broke after 1 year. The so called 'technician' stopped by within 48hrs and wasnt able to fix it. LG promissied an exchange for the same model. After 7 days LG has contacted us, that they dont have this model in their warehouse and refunded the full sales price within 5 days. Outstanding !

After your sale, you have to contact the manufacturer or the authorized service center to get your item repaired. This is not any different in the USA.

Might not be any different in the US .... but is definitely different in Europe.

You take your problem child to where you bought it, and they send it on or repair it themselves !

The seller is bound to take care of it ! By buying from him, you have a contract with him and not with someone else ... sounds logical to me !

Cheapskates buys the cheapest stereo: Check

Cheapskates whines about cheap stereo not lasting long: check

Cheapskates whines about bad service when he paid almost nothing for his stereo at a <deleted> grocery store(hello? they sell apples, they dont repair electronics): check

This isnt threadworthy.. nobody likes cheapskates

Edited by gvallee2